The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 22, 2016, 05:27pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
It does in L. Our 2-p L behaves just like a 3-p L.

T…not so much. T's home base is left, but he's all over the place and when L rotates over right, T moves above the key to view the weak side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Much of that should happen whether you work Cadillac or not.
That's what I meant earlier, too. There's nothing about the Cadillac aspects that even remotely helps. In 2 man, I move ball side a lot.

My issue with Cadillac, and it came back to me as I was watching the video Rich posted, is that the official spends way too much mental energy looking for an opportunity to cross the court, and then puts himself into an awkward position while crossing the court.

I noticed in the video they would start in positions that were not ideal just to facilitate the Cadillac moves later.
Old Fri Jan 22, 2016, 08:48pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Life Is A '59 Cadillac (Fabulous Thunderbirds) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
My issue with Cadillac, and it came back to me as I was watching the video Rich posted, is that the official spends way too much mental energy looking for an opportunity to cross the court, and then puts himself into an awkward position while crossing the court.
Some guys didn't mind working opposite and took forever to move over, and others hated working opposite and couldn't wait to move over.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Jan 22, 2016, 11:56pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Much of that should happen whether you work Cadillac or not.
Precisely. That's just working 2-person effectively. I was fortunate to have trainers when I started out that really emphasized that the T went where he needed to see the action and that the L should not be afraid to flex over and rotate when needed. It does make adapting to 3-person mechanics easier and that has nothing to do with working Cadillac (which just sounds awful).