The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 16, 2015, 11:52am
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If the rule does not apply here then it does not apply, but not sure how someone just coming onto the floor is not a sub T. But to me that is splitting hairs, it is still illegal to just enter the court when you have not been in the game.

But we know you will not ever act like you have been around people discussing anything that is not always black and white. Makes me wonder do you have any friends? I know officials that discuss these kinds of things all the time and it is OK. Not everyone agrees at first on every single rule and idiosyncrasy of the rules at the time of these discussions.

Peace
Never mind, I erred.

Last edited by OKREF; Wed Dec 16, 2015 at 12:11pm.
Old Wed Dec 16, 2015, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
If B5 was in the game prior to the timeout, and ran onto the floor after the timeout, why would there be a T? The opening post was not clear if the player running onto the court was actually in the game or not, but in the third post of this thread, it was made clear that B5 was already in the game prior to the timeout.
It IS a technical foul if all players don't return to the court following a TIMEOUT. 10-1-9. If it is after a substitution, and the result of confusion, it is not. see PGref post earlier. it has both case plays.

Last edited by BigCat; Wed Dec 16, 2015 at 12:02pm.
Old Wed Dec 16, 2015, 12:08pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
It IS a technical foul if all players don't return to the court following a TIMEOUT. 10-1-9. If it is after a substitution, and the result of confusion, it is not. see PGref post earlier. it has both case plays.
Yes, you're right.
Old Wed Dec 16, 2015, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If B5 was in the game prior to the timeout, and ran onto the floor after the timeout, why would there be a T? The opening post was not clear if the player running onto the court was actually in the game or not, but in the third post of this thread, it was made clear that B5 was already in the game prior to the timeout.
For not returning at the same time after the timeout.

10-1-9:
Quote:
TEAM TECHNICAL: Fail to have all players return to the court at approximately the same time following a time-out or intermission.
Old Wed Dec 16, 2015, 12:18pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
For not returning at the same time after the timeout.

10-1-9:
I wasn't even thinking about the not returning at the same time, just thinking if he was a player already. My mistake.
Old Wed Dec 16, 2015, 12:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
It was not in the OP who the player was and I was thinking this was a sub. If that is the case, that is a T according to 10.2.2. Now if they did not recognize the 5th player ran onto the court, there is no T at all as the ball has become live and not noticed by the officials.

Now maybe this has been clarified where the 5th player came from and his previous status but that was not clear or why I answered the original question.

Peace