LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 05, 2015, 11:18am

New Castle County
Old Thu Nov 05, 2015, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

One other 'bonus'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
From the NCAAW aspect of things I'm enjoying the switch to quarters for many of the reasons Billy has laid out. It's nice to have a minute - actually 75 seconds - to reflect on what happened and address issues with my partners. Also, even though I'm young at heart my legs have been known to feel their age from time to time. A built-in rest doesn't hurt.

Having the teams fouls reset has its merits, too. The 5th foul in the 1st and 3rd quarters can arrive quickly but at least I know after ten minutes we go back to zero again.
One other 'bonus' is that we will never hear a coach or fan say, 'look at the fouls, it's 7-2!'

See what I did there
Old Thu Nov 05, 2015, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
In Delaware, DIAA has gone back and forth about playing halves v quarters but has decided to stay with whatever the NFHS decides. We are still fighting the 3 person v 2 person fight. The closest we've gotten is the assignor has discretion to assign 3 person where he/she deems necessary for the game. So, we have been gradually pushing up the number of three person games. Some schools are complaining but progress has been made.
If the assignor deems it necessary to send 3 instead of 2, how does that affect game fees? And what happens if the assignor sends in 2 for the GV contest, but 3 for the BV contest that immediately follows?