The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 03, 2014, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetime1 View Post
Now after watching the replay since it all happened so fast. The glove was on his right hand but ahh was pulled up so it was more so attached to his forearm/wrist and the ball then was between both hands.
If he was pretending to pitch left handed after pitching right handed then the ambidextrous rules apply.

Sounds like you meant right arm as you said the ball was between both hands. So he wasn't wearing it on the hand. Violation.
Old Wed Sep 03, 2014, 02:22pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

This is a clear example of a clever genius finding a wicked loophole in the rules at a time when it's going to do him the most harm. I frankly can't imagine any scenario where I'd attempt a normal pick-off move if my wife was R1, let alone try some bush-league pick-off move.

Whether the move was legal or not, you should tell you Dad to admit he was wrong, apologize to your mom, buy her some flowers, and send an email to the entire family offering a forfeit.
Old Wed Sep 03, 2014, 11:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
This is a clear example of a clever genius finding a wicked loophole in the rules at a time when it's going to do him the most harm. I frankly can't imagine any scenario where I'd attempt a normal pick-off move if my wife was R1, let alone try some bush-league pick-off move.

Whether the move was legal or not, you should tell you Dad to admit he was wrong, apologize to your mom, buy her some flowers, and send an email to the entire family offering a forfeit.
But he didn't
Old Thu Sep 04, 2014, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

8.01(f ) A pitcher must indicate visually to the umpire-in-chief, the batter and any runners the hand with which he intends to pitch, which may be done by wearing his glove on the other hand while touching the pitcher’s plate.

So as a pitcher you are required to cooperate with the baserunner? Do you also have to tell the runner at 1b when you are going to throw over? Glove was worn on the right hand and ball was thrown with the right hand. So this is a violation of 8.01? This is what I need to tell my mom so she knows how to lead off 1b better.
Old Thu Sep 04, 2014, 11:28am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives View Post
But he didn't
Yeah, there's that, too.
Old Thu Sep 04, 2014, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
8.01(f ) A pitcher must indicate visually to the umpire-in-chief, the batter and any runners the hand with which he intends to pitch, which may be done by wearing his glove on the other hand while touching the pitcher’s plate.

So as a pitcher you are required to cooperate with the baserunner? Do you also have to tell the runner at 1b when you are going to throw over? Glove was worn on the right hand and ball was thrown with the right hand. So this is a violation of 8.01? This is what I need to tell my mom so she knows how to lead off 1b better.
A pitcher is allowed to be deceptive and gain an advantage within the rules, for example changing his/her timing. But as far as declaring which had he is pitching with, yes by rule the pitcher must declare by wearing the glove on the other hand.

I wouldn't tell your mom to lead off smarter, I'd tell you Dad to not cheat in front of the grandkids...
Old Thu Sep 04, 2014, 11:54am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

Tell your dad not to circumvent the rules. Seriously, this is on him, not your mom.
Old Thu Sep 04, 2014, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

You all should stop playing baseball at Labor Day picnic and play soccer instead. See what kind of arguments you can get into with that.
Old Fri Sep 05, 2014, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

We tried soccer as well but my dad's team would just get ahead and start kicking the ball out of bounds as far as they could. He thought is was so funny because it just wasted time. What is the rule against that?
Old Fri Sep 05, 2014, 08:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
We tried soccer as well but my dad's team would just get ahead and start kicking the ball out of bounds as far as they could. He thought is was so funny because it just wasted time. What is the rule against that?
Find a new Dad. This one only cares about himself and will do whatever it takes to prove it.
Old Fri Sep 05, 2014, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

stop feeding the trolls
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 11:12am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
stop feeding the trolls
Always listen to bob.