The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

I may be wrong but the CBUA brief Fetcheit sent out stated that the test review is available for the questions we answered. The full test is also available but you have to take it - the score doesn't count, so it is for knowledge and gratification. The answers to that are either immediately available when thes test is scored or will be later. I'm renovating a house so I have little time for taking the whole test right now. The honey-do list is getting lengthy!

JJ - I know what malicious means. I simply was looking for NCAA support to determine proper penalty. I've seen enough plays over the years to usually know when someone is being a thug versus good ol' hardnosed baseball. The question I posed was as much for my knowledge as to help others. Thanks to Rich, Bob and you.

Cubs play Sunday...101 and counting.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2011, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStrybel View Post
I may be wrong but the CBUA brief Fetcheit sent out stated that the test review is available for the questions we answered. The full test is also available but you have to take it - the score doesn't count, so it is for knowledge and gratification. The answers to that are either immediately available when thes test is scored or will be later.
The answers for the full test (106 questions) are available immediately after submitting it. Let me know if you want any particular answers and/or rule cites.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2011, 12:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
Hmmm...thanks Rich. The league I umpire only uses the college collision rule at home plate. Certainly a runner that comes in standing up and walks into the tag has created contact above the waist, but is certainly not going to be ejected. After reading your post, I will certainly read it again...but perhaps I didn't write it as concisely as I should have.
Contact above the waist initiated by the runner is proof of intent to dislodge thus an out even if the ball is dropped. An ejection happens only if judged malicious on top of that.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2011, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives View Post
Contact above the waist initiated by the runner is proof of intent to dislodge thus an out even if the ball is dropped. An ejection happens only if judged malicious on top of that.
Agreed, but it assumes that F2 is more-or-less standing.

If F2 goes to his knees to block/catch a throw and R3 goes "down" toward the plate, R3 will likely make contact "above the waist" but this isn't necessarily an out.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2011, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Agreed, but it assumes that F2 is more-or-less standing.

If F2 goes to his knees to block/catch a throw and R3 goes "down" toward the plate, R3 will likely make contact "above the waist" but this isn't necessarily an out.
I presume that's why the "initiated by the runner" is in there.