The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 26, 2010, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Thanks, UmpJM. That's the interp I needed.

And no, I didn't actually use the term "travesty of the game" with the OC, though I made it sound that way in my OP. It was more of the deliberate attempt to deceive.

Can't believe I brain-farted so badly on this one. Thanks for the proper admonishing and help. Lesson: don't make a rule where one doesn't exist...if it's not in the book, it must not be illegal.

I suppose I need to read my own signature line...
Old Fri Mar 26, 2010, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarolinablue View Post

And no, I didn't actually use the term "travesty of the game" with the OC, though I made it sound that way in my OP. It was more of the deliberate attempt to deceive.

Can't believe I brain-farted so badly on this one. Thanks for the proper admonishing and help. Lesson: don't make a rule where one doesn't exist...if it's not in the book, it must not be illegal.

Good idea (read your own signature line)

Now, go get a beer and sit in the corner and contemplate what you did wrong. Consume as much beer as it takes to either understand your mistake or fall over.
Old Fri Mar 26, 2010, 09:20am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
Good idea (read your own signature line)

Now, go get a beer and sit in the corner and contemplate what you did wrong. Consume as much beer as it takes to either understand your mistake or fall over.
Mmmmm, beer. What were we talking about again?
Old Fri Mar 26, 2010, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
And, please, for the sake of the game, don't trot out the old "travesty of the game" argument anytime you see something on a baseball field that "just doesn't look right"!
In other words, don't make a travesty of the game by trotting out the old "travesty of the game" argument.
Old Fri Mar 26, 2010, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_riprock View Post
In other words, don't make a travesty of the game by trotting out the old "travesty of the game" argument.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Mmmmmmm, beer...think I'll have a few tonight (after my game, of course)...I'm thinking Franziskaner on tap.
Old Fri Mar 26, 2010, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a rather lengthy post on this exact subject recently

Yes, there was a thread on this. I'll post the link if I can find it. It was shown by case play that in Fed a retired runner can deliberately continue to run in an attempt to confuse the defense. The situation in OBR was not fully clear. Though simply continuing to run does not ipso facto constitute a violation, even if the defense is drawn into making a play, there was evidence in the BRD that deliberately getting into a rundown did not fall into that category.

In other words, in OBR, continuing to run is not necessarily a violation, but that doesn't give a retired runner carte blanche.

Found it: Question on dropped thrid strike

Last edited by greymule; Fri Mar 26, 2010 at 12:50pm.
Old Mon Mar 29, 2010, 12:02am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarolinablue View Post

Look at it this way. If the ball is caught or dropped, you're still getting an out regardless. Sounds like a win win situation to me.