Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 12:09pm

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
However, if that is all he did, some guys would let it slide and be able to live happy and normal lives.
You must know different guys than I do.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Scarcasm!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
You must know different guys than I do.
Are you saying you don't have thick skin? SDS, you have got to turn the other cheek on that one and let them jump on you for 2 innings before saying something to them. Remember, we have to do what we can to keep them in the game. Even if it means making ourselves look like a doormat to them. You have to go for that compliment on game management by the coaches to make yourself feel good.

Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
My point was is that if you are going to toss him, toss him while he is on the field.
He did nothing on the field to warrant an ejection. His "ejectionable" act was performed in the dugout. So, if I understand you, the answer to my question is yes? Or do I not understand you?
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Umpire View Post
So, you don't approve of what Blake did? And, with him doing it and yelling across the field directly at Gibson?

Would you have ejected him if he did all of that to you and was yelling across the field at you saying things like "that's BS"? Would it take you 30 seconds to finally say something or get rid of him?
If the PU would have just said, "What's that, Casey?" Then he could have been dumped on the field and that looks better. THAT is what I was trying to say. It was a STYLE comment more than anything else.

You have such a bias toward anything that I say because I made a sarcastic remark to a pile of turd getting paid to be an umpire that you cannot see clearly.

If ti were me, I would have probably ejected him for yelling at me on the field. But, I have a pretty itchy trigger finger.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You have such a bias toward anything that I say because I made a sarcastic remark to a pile of turd getting paid to be an umpire that you cannot see clearly.
If that were true, then you keep making those same remarks and reinforcing it. And, don't forget you telling an umpire that he couldn't change his call to an out call[Rat move]. Those 2 stand out the most but I am sure there are/will be more. So, my comment is not without base.

And, you suggest the PU should have baited Casey? So, you have a problem with "style" but don't have a problem with "baiting"?
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

What classifies someone as a rat?

Making one off-handed sarcastic remark in a blowout game;

or

Showing up late, dressing like a skateboarder, having no clue or no interest in finding a clue, talking on a cell phone in between innings, and texting during an inning?

The fact that you call me a rat and not him tells me all I need to know about you.

I am a smart alleck. Cell Phone McGhee is the rat

Joe
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
My point was is that if you are going to toss him, toss him while he is on the field.
But he waited until he was in the dugout to act like a rat. Put me in the "he does that, he's gotta go" camp.
Quote:
If the PU would have just said, "What's that, Casey?" Then he could have been dumped on the field and that looks better.

If ti were me, I would have probably ejected him for yelling at me on the field. But, I have a pretty itchy trigger finger.
Unfortunately for you that's also known as baiting. And generic, every day yelling at an umpire is not enough for an ejection in pro ball.

Quote:
What classifies someone as a rat?

Making one off-handed sarcastic remark in a blowout game;

or

Showing up late, dressing like a skateboarder, having no clue or no interest in finding a clue, talking on a cell phone in between innings, and texting during an inning?

The fact that you call me a rat and not him tells me all I need to know about you.

Joe
Uggghhh...Coach, I'm not going to let you bring up old threads. I've heard enough.

Yes, you are a smartaleck. Whether you are also a rat is for each person reading this thread to decide. I know how I would answer the question.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Ejectable offenses lead to ejections. If possible, you try to make them look like you weren't the aggressor. Rats know this, so they find ways to make themselves look innocent.

It doesn't mean they are.

Good EJ.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethPDX View Post
But he waited until he was in the dugout to act like a rat. Put me in the "he does that, he's gotta go" camp.

Unfortunately for you that's also known as baiting. And generic, every day yelling at an umpire is not enough for an ejection in pro ball.

Uggghhh...Coach, I'm not going to let you bring up old threads. I've heard enough.

Yes, you are a smartaleck. Whether you are also a rat is for each person reading this thread to decide. I know how I would answer the question.
Calling me coach, gee that is clever-you must be so proud of your razor sharp wit.

I have a problem with umpires that blame everyone but the umpire every time in every situation.

I have always tried to look at the situation and try to figure out what happened-not just assume that the umpire is right no matter what.

Some of the same people that call me a rat have no problem whatsoever with intentionally making the wrong call to screw players/coaches that they do not like.

Last edited by jwwashburn; Wed Aug 05, 2009 at 02:55pm.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Calling me coach, gee that is clever-you must be so proud of your razor sharp wit.
I'm just as proud of mine as you obviously are of yours.

Quote:
Some of the same people that call me a rat have no problem whatsoever with intentionally making the wrong call to screw players/coaches that they do not like.
Really? Well then, tell us, who here endorses the FYC? We haven't had that discussion for a while, and it will be a heck of a lot more interesting than this thread.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post
Ejectable offenses lead to ejections. If possible, you try to make them look like you weren't the aggressor. Rats know this, so they find ways to make themselves look innocent.

It doesn't mean they are.

Good EJ.
I agree with you-with an edit to the first sentence.

Only ejectable offenses should lead to ejections.

Over the years, I have seen plenty of ejectable offenses not lead to ejections. I have also seen NON-ejectable behavior lead to ejections-I have been guilty of a few of those, myself. So, when I see an ejection in the MLB, I try to figure out what happened. Sometimes, it is obvious, other times it is not. Sometimes, umpires are in the wrong

Just because I do not blindly accept what an umpire's actions does not make me a rat.

I defended Todd Tichenor's 4 ejection game a while back to many people in person who blamed the umpire. In my personal relationships, I am nearly always explaining why the umpire was right.

Last edited by jwwashburn; Wed Aug 05, 2009 at 03:12pm.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethPDX View Post
Really? Well then, tell us, who here endorses the FYC? We haven't had that discussion for a while, and it will be a heck of a lot more interesting than this thread.
Read through the threads. It is all over the place.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

I thought this is why PMs were invented...

Holy Sh!t. I thought that maybe, just maybe this thread would turn back to the real question at hand, but instead I am up to my knees in p!ss, I think someone owes me a new pair of pants.
Rube (roob) slang; sports fan who listens to KFAN in Minneapolis, MN.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
If he wants to signal a third strike with a big punch out, then he can take some long-distance crap for rubbing the hitter's nose in it. But he wants to give the big punch out and then act like it's a surprise when the hitter takes umbrage.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever read...he was punched out, he has the right to act like that haha Go back to telling us which umpires are mailing it in.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No, you lied to him. You made up a rule and told him it was too late to change a call because it would be going against your team. Cell Phone McGhee might be pretty bad as an umpire but you are still a rat.
Closed Thread