The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 03, 2006, 08:15pm

Public Apology

Bob Jenkins and others,

I would like to make an apology for my behavior the last few days. It is because of members like Steve Meyer and Tim Haag. They always bring out the worst in me. They have from the very first time I joined this forum. I am thoroughly aggravated at the backstabbing job they did to me on the ABUA forum. Much like they tried to pull here if you remember. I never denied any wrongdoing and accepted my suspension. They in turn, blamed theirs on me. Revenge was their only motive for what they did. Unfortunately, this is the only place I can air my feelings. So again, I apologize and will try to not vent at their misguided way of life.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 07:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NFump
Yaaay! Now make it stick. By the way, have you seen the keys?
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I would like to make an apology for my behavior the last few days.
Apology accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
It is because of members like Steve Meyer and Tim Haag. They always bring out the worst in me.
No, you are reponsible for your own poor behavior, as Steve and Tim are responsible for their poor behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I am thoroughly aggravated at the backstabbing job they did to me on the ABUA forum.
Leave it at the ABUA forum. Don't drag many unwilling participants into the frey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I never denied any wrongdoing and accepted my suspension.
Obviously, from the tenor of your recent rants and from your own quote above, you still are not accepting responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Unfortunately, this is the only place I can air my feelings.
Deal with them personally, (e-mails, PM's), or vent to your own qualified mental health professional. Do not do it here on a baseball umpiring forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
So again, I apologize and will try to not vent at their misguided way of life.
There you go again. Stop blaming others, (though they DO hold responsibility in this debacle) and take responsibility for YOUR actions. Control that which you can.

JMHO !

"I never called a balk in my life. I didn't understand the rule" - Ron Luciano
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 08:49am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Bob Jenkins and others,

I would like to make an apology for my behavior the last few days. It is because of members like Steve Meyer and Tim Haag. They always bring out the worst in me. They have from the very first time I joined this forum. I am thoroughly aggravated at the backstabbing job they did to me on the ABUA forum. Much like they tried to pull here if you remember. I never denied any wrongdoing and accepted my suspension. They in turn, blamed theirs on me. Revenge was their only motive for what they did. Unfortunately, this is the only place I can air my feelings. So again, I apologize and will try to not vent at their misguided way of life.
Next time try a real apology. A real apology is where you don't blame others for what you're apologizing for.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 11:57am

Actually, it's crap like these two posts these that always keep things stirred up. However, I wouldn't expect anymore from the likes of Carbide Keyman and Rich Fronheiser. Face it Rich, you do the same thing every time Carl posts. I just stated the facts the way I see them. Maybe it's time you started to grow up a little bit, too.

But heck, you are who you are. Superiority complex aside, you're might be a pretty decent guy. Perhaps one day we'll find out, but I'm not taking any bets anytime soon.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 12:13pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Actually, it's crap like these two posts these that always keep things stirred up. However, I wouldn't expect anymore from the likes of Carbide Keyman and Rich Fronheiser. Face it Rich, you do the same thing every time Carl posts. I just stated the facts the way I see them. Maybe it's time you started to grow up a little bit, too.

But heck, you are who you are. Superiority complex aside, you're might be a pretty decent guy. Perhaps one day we'll find out, but I'm not taking any bets anytime soon.
I try to never rip personalities or people. Let's use Carl as an example:

I may not always agree with Carl, but I have great respect for him and what he's accomplished. I've bought the BRD every season since it's been re-released and I've bought all his books since he's joined RightSports.

Personally, Carl and I don't always get along. I enjoyed writing for Rightsports, but I'm not sure Carl and I were compatible as writer and editor. I can't write X number of articles in a month and I wasn't fond of public editing in the form of "Editor's Notes." Someday maybe Carl and I will try again, but I haven't been asked and I'm OK with that.

Likewise, I felt I did a pretty good job when I was a moderator here, but because of Carl and I having a series of public disagreements a business decision was made. I do wish Brad would appoint a few more moderators, though, cause Bob and Mick can't be everywhere.

There are a few of us who aren't exactly warm and fuzzy people, but notice that NONE of us hide behind a pseudonym. Maybe we should, but I don't spend a lot of time worrying about that. I don't have dreams of working D-I in any sport I call and what I post here won't threaten what I currently do work.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

I guess I'll start looking for them damn keys again. I need to get a hook or a bowl or something to put them in. Gotta go, I have to check my pants pockets........maybe I left them in the truck.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 01:12pm
In Memoriam

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFump
I guess I'll start looking for them damn keys again. I need to get a hook or a bowl or something to put them in. Gotta go, I have to check my pants pockets........maybe I left them in the truck.
Didja throw 'em in the wash in a pocket?
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 01:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
I try to never rip personalities or people. Let's use Carl as an example:

I may not always agree with Carl, but I have great respect for him and what he's accomplished. I've bought the BRD every season since it's been re-released and I've bought all his books since he's joined RightSports.

Personally, Carl and I don't always get along. I enjoyed writing for Rightsports, but I'm not sure Carl and I were compatible as writer and editor. I can't write X number of articles in a month and I wasn't fond of public editing in the form of "Editor's Notes." Someday maybe Carl and I will try again, but I haven't been asked and I'm OK with that.

Likewise, I felt I did a pretty good job when I was a moderator here, but because of Carl and I having a series of public disagreements a business decision was made. I do wish Brad would appoint a few more moderators, though, cause Bob and Mick can't be everywhere.

There are a few of us who aren't exactly warm and fuzzy people, but notice that NONE of us hide behind a pseudonym. Maybe we should, but I don't spend a lot of time worrying about that. I don't have dreams of working D-I in any sport I call and what I post here won't threaten what I currently do work.
Okay, let's just go with the standard I'm always wrong. How's that. Since I worked in arbitrations for a whole career, I think I would make a perfect choice as an extra moderator. Believe me I heard it all and I have plenty of spare time at the moment.

Unlike a certain person who shall go unnamed, I can be fair and unbiased.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 01:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Didja throw 'em in the wash in a pocket?
He was probably scratching his ear with them and they fell inside.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
He was probably scratching his ear with them and they fell inside.
That's funny. Ya little mook. Maybe I won't need them thar keys after all.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, I can't stand it anymore, I have to voice my opinion.

First of all, let me preface by saying that I'm relatively new to the internet forum thing. That being said, the first day I visited this forum, I sensed a fued going on, and I admit, I was amused by it initially. I don't really know anyone here, other than to recognize their moniker. I am beginning to recognize those who post from experience with and knowledge of rule and mechanics and those who just shoot from the hip.

Secondly, I don't know the whole story behind this clash, and to tell the truth, I don't wanna know. I do think that it's time to bury the hatchet already and move on. How anyone can get so upset from an internet forum is beyond me.

I'm not trying to suggest that someones feelings were not hurt. It's obvious that happened. I'm also not trying to suggest that someone shouldn't have gotten pi$$ed. But I am suggesting that sometimes this happens in life. The best thing about the internet is that one can either choose to ignore a person, or choose to continue fighting. What do you choose? A quote that I use in my signature on another forum is, "An angry player can't argue with the back of an umpire who is walking away." - Bill Klem. Think about that!

I joined in late March of this year, and this pi$$ing match has been going on since then. I think everyone involved needs to ask themselves if it's worth 5 months of aggravation, I'll bet the answer is no.

I have disagreements with a lot of people from time to time. And sometimes I may say something that is hurtful, but in the end, I either change MY mind, or I agree to disagree. I'll never try to force a person to change his/her mind. If he/she does change his/her mind, they do it on their own.

I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, but I think many of the bystanders here want to see an end to this non-sense. Live and let live for crying out loud! Move on and get over it!

I'm out.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40

First of all, let me preface by saying that I'm relatively new to the internet forum thing. That being said, the first day I visited this forum, I sensed a fued going on, and I admit, I was amused by it initially. I don't really know anyone here, other than to recognize their moniker. I am beginning to recognize those who post from experience with and knowledge of rule and mechanics and those who just shoot from the hip.

Secondly, I don't know the whole story behind this clash, and to tell the truth, I don't wanna know. I do think that it's time to bury the hatchet already and move on. How anyone can get so upset from an internet forum is beyond me.

I'm not trying to suggest that someones feelings were not hurt. It's obvious that happened. I'm also not trying to suggest that someone shouldn't have gotten pi$$ed. But I am suggesting that sometimes this happens in life. The best thing about the internet is that one can either choose to ignore a person, or choose to continue fighting. What do you choose? A quote that I use in my signature on another forum is, "An angry player can't argue with the back of an umpire who is walking away." - Bill Klem. Think about that!

I joined in late March of this year, and this pi$$ing match has been going on since then. I think everyone involved needs to ask themselves if it's worth 5 months of aggravation, I'll bet the answer is no.

I have disagreements with a lot of people from time to time. And sometimes I may say something that is hurtful, but in the end, I either change MY mind, or I agree to disagree. I'll never try to force a person to change his/her mind. If he/she does change his/her mind, they do it on their own.

I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, but I think many of the bystanders here want to see an end to this non-sense. Live and let live for crying out loud! Move on and get over it!

I'm out.
10-4! 10-4!
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 04:41pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

I'm out.
I completely agree with you. The problem not everyone is here for the same agenda. I have been on many boards and many have nothing to do with officiating. All of them have people who like to hide behind their names and throw stones when they likely would not say a thing to this person's face. That is never going to change even on at a place where we are talking about officiating.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:04pm

Quote:

I'm out.
Your right, that all it was amusing as far I was concerned. I never took anything they said personal. I just considered the source of the comments. They are ones that took it personal. Their actions on the ABUA website were just a example of what kind people they really are. You will find having a spine and standing up to certain people will earn you a label. They don't mind sticking the needle in you, they just resent the fact when they are made the pin cushion. It's amazing how many critics there are in the umpiring community. My problem is I have two that are self obsessed with me. Personally, I don't feel these forums serve any function except for a few to beat their own drum. Unfortunately, they don't realize how out of tune they really are.
Closed Thread