Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Your right, that all it was amusing as far I was concerned. I never took anything they said personal. I just considered the source of the comments. They are ones that took it personal. Their actions on the ABUA website were just a example of what kind people they really are. You will find having a spine and standing up to certain people will earn you a label. They don't mind sticking the needle in you, they just resent the fact when they are made the pin cushion. It's amazing how many critics there are in the umpiring community. My problem is I have two that are self obsessed with me. Personally, I don't feel these forums serve any function except for a few to beat their own drum. Unfortunately, they don't realize how out of tune they really are.
Try the ignore button perhaps, as others have already suggested.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFump
That's funny. Ya little mook. Maybe I won't need them thar keys after all.
What's the matter? Did I hurt your feelings? Maybe you should go to a forum where the moderator is biased. You've been snipping with this line long enough, don't ya think.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpduck11
Are you umpire? I was just wondering because you never have an opinion on umpiring issues.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Are you umpire? I was just wondering because you never have an opinion on umpiring issues.
No, I'm not an umpire, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:26pm
Official Forum Member

Sigh ........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Your right, that all it was amusing as far I was concerned. I never took anything they said personal. I just considered the source of the comments. They are ones that took it personal. Their actions on the ABUA website were just a example of what kind people they really are. You will find having a spine and standing up to certain people will earn you a label. They don't mind sticking the needle in you, they just resent the fact when they are made the pin cushion. It's amazing how many critics there are in the umpiring community. My problem is I have two that are self obsessed with me. Personally, I don't feel these forums serve any function except for a few to beat their own drum. Unfortunately, they don't realize how out of tune they really are.
This gentleman doesn't get it.

And, sadly it seems, never will.

"I never called a balk in my life. I didn't understand the rule" - Ron Luciano
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
The ignore button does not work when you want to read posts and understand the context.

The key is to not engage in conversation with people that you do not respect or have any concern. You do not need a button to do that.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:30pm

Quote:
No, I'm not an umpire, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
That's good to know. I would have figured you were more the Roach Motel kind of guy.......

You know roaches check in, but they don't check out.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbide Keyman
This gentleman doesn't get it.

And, sadly it seems, never will.
And thank you for proving my point.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:36pm
Official Forum Member

Dude.... give it a rest.

Quote:
Quote:
What's the matter? Did I hurt your feelings? Maybe you should go to a forum where the moderator is biased. You've been snipping with this line long enough, don't ya think.
You appear to be trying to pick a fight in a "public apology" thread that you started. What gives?
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
For J/V and Frosh games we call the balks. These players have all had at least one or two years on the big diamond and should know how to play the game.

Tim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I guess every kid you umpire grows up in white suburbia America with parents who shell out dollars so their son can play on the best team. Get the best coaching. You assume too much. How much pitching experience do they have? Are they too excited? How much coaching have they had? Why you are an OOO. Why you will always be a Haagy (the new Smitty).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
But it was perfectly okay for PWL to talk about my mother, who has been deceased since 1993. No apology was ever given for that episode. PWL needs to grow up, learn a little bit about umpiring, and respect those of us who already have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Look who stuck their head out of his hole. Let's hope SanDiegoAugTheGroundHog didn't see his shadow. I know everyone doesn't want six more weeks of winter. I don't want an apology from BigPrick56. I could care less about that. I never said anything bad about your mother. You just want to imply it that way. Your the hypocrite and just don't know it. So stick your head back in your "hole".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
This ruling is using a base runner. Why is everybody referring to the player as a batter or batter/runner?
Quote:
Because that's what a batter is after he completes his time at bat.

Tim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Slingblade, you didn't read the post correctly. I said base runner, not batter runner. You also become a batter runner when you put the ball in play. You got to get on base before your a base runner. Damn son, pull your head out of your @ss before it's too late.

A typical rookie mistake on your part. Hell, you'll learn soon enuff I guess. Come on down and let us teach you a thing or two. Since we got so many balls down here, tell you what. Fix you up a mess of calf fries. I know you'll enjoy that. Make ya grow hair in places monkeys don't.

Quote:
Blaine:

You know I respect your opinions, but I still have a problem with instructing a pitcher on balks.

Here's why, and mind you this is purely hypothetical.

Top of the forth inning with R1 only. Home teams left handed pitcher fails to gain sufficient direction and distance on a successful pickoff on R1.

I call, "That’s a balk, Time!! You second base."

Defensive manager in a huff comes out. "Hey, Tim, how in the he11 is that a balk, it looked like a good move to me!"

"Skip, he stepped more toward home than first and that's a balk."

He then say's, "Show me in the rule book where that's a balk!"

"Skip the rule say's he must step directly toward the base, he didn't do that, now lets play ball."

"That sucks!" says the coach.

Now we're in the bottom of the sixth with R1 only as well...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Most of the time there is only one field avaliable and they get limited use of it and a very limited schedule. So, if I don't come down as hard as you would like me to on them, then tough $hit. Since this isn't Haagys' Unlimited, you don't have the authority to even pull your Police Action on this forum. Your a parasite to every forum on the Internet with your do this, don't do that, say this, can't say that bullchit. I like your little comment where you say you have the freedom from your job to do this all day, every day. Bullchit, they fired or suspended you if you act on the job like you do on these forums.

I can take being called a Smitty. That doesn't bother me one bit. Anybody calls me a Haagy, there will be hell to pay, I can tell you that much for sure. I don't know what kind of bottom feeder would have to become extinct for you to move up on the food chain.

Quote:
Oh Dumpmeister, mind your own business. You should be happy. The weather is warming up and the sheep will need shearing, if you know what I mean. And, I think that you do.

No bridge for me. I'm at your mama's single wide right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C
And this is just an example of how different regions of America react to different situations.

This coming August 3rd will mark the 25th anniversary of the last time I tossed a ball back to F1.

Just before each catcher throws down to second in the first inning I say:

"My name is Tee and I don't throw balls back to the pitcher I will hand them to you."

The universal answer I get in my neck of the woods is:

"Thanks, I HATE umpires that throw the ball back, I like to do it!"

Just matters what is the situation on your part of the globe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Hmmm....Must be because your wrist is so limp.

You could take some throwing lessons from Richard Simmons.

Maybe you should take up struming the banjo, and see if that makes it any stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
If running two websites into the ground isn't enough error, I don't what is. I would think sitting on your fat butt all winter playing on the computer you probably gained twenty-five pounds. Time for some new pants, BigRump56.

Unless your going through a severe depression, because you don't really sound mentally stable at times.

These are just a few of the many "constructive" posts made to this board by my friend from Texas.

Tim.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:48pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40
Dude.... give it a rest.

You appear to be trying to pick a fight in a "public apology" thread that you started. What gives?
I did give an apology. Apparently it wasn't good enough for some people. The two people that you just referenced are nothing but lackeys for the two posters that shall go unmentioned. They have an axe to grind and I'm sure they are still sharpening it as I speak.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NFump
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Just when I thought you may have been getting it. You're barking up the wrong tree little one.

If you can continue on with the "backstabbing" line and continue to hijack threads with your whining and crying and insults then I can continue with the "where are the keys" line.

Naner, naner, boo, boo Stick your head in doo-doo!
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
And thank you for proving my point.
You would have to begin by having a point.

And, with that, I'm done with you.

"I never called a balk in my life. I didn't understand the rule" - Ron Luciano
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 06:04pm
Official Forum Member

I have remained mum on this issue because I believe that words can't hurt. As umpires, we need to master communication skills and learn the art of deflection. We will be the target of taunts - some deserved while others illogical at best.

Now...the only thing I can say is what my Mother taught me too long ago; you shouldn't apologize and use the words 'but', 'however' or 'if they had acted otherwise'. In other words, don't qualify your accountability.

I can't recall apologizing for anything that I have written on these forums. Maybe my words sting or prevent legitimate discussion from transpiring sometimes, but 0s and 1s don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. (Computerese for those who don't get it.) I have been involved in heated debates with many on this forum, yet I don't consider them enemies. A difference of opinion is the spice of life. (Besides, I know that I'm right and they are always wrong! )

So...what to do? It appears that our antagonists will keep pushing each other's hot buttons. Either learn to ignore it or do it in a way that wins the battle and gets the thread locked. Getting the last word in but looking like a chump is never becoming for an umpire - reference: Tim Timmons.

Life is short.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 06:15pm

Quote:
These are just a few of the many "constructive" posts made to this board by my friend from Texas.

Tim.
Would you really like for Brad to see this. I don't think so. Why don't you go back and show some of the things that you and Steve have said to me. Thanks for proving my point about holding a grudge and having an axe to grind. Don't try to act all innocent. Posting stuff like this should get you banned permanently. I have never complained about anything you have said about me. You just went too far with your backstabbing. I'm over that. I figure the less I read of the two of you, the better off I am. I can't even enjoy reading any posts without having to encounter this kind of stuff. All your doing is pointing fingers. I've at least had the courage to apologize. Face it, I really don't have a problem with anyone except the both of you. Just remember, you and Steve started with me a long time ago. I wish your memory wasn't so selective. In a way I feel sorry for you. It must be a burden to walk around with so much hate in one's heart.
Closed Thread