The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbigdawg View Post
no need to be overly demonstrative there....
Where did I say he should have been "overly demonstrative?" That's contrary to what I said. Nice of you to misrepresent what I said though.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Old Wed Apr 11, 2012, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

I guess I will be banned

EsQUmp,

I figured I may be banned for this and it is unprofessional but you are unbearable and are a punk.
Go back under your rock.
If I ever find out who you are, you will never work for me.

Good Day

Bill
Old Wed Apr 11, 2012, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSABill View Post
EsQUmp,

I figured I may be banned for this and it is unprofessional but you are unbearable and are a punk.
Go back under your rock.
If I ever find out who you are, you will never work for me.

Good Day

Bill
I apologize to you for recommending that the mechanic could have been more evident and citing my reasons. It's juvenile how many people who post on forums preach the rules and mechanics, not allowing for even moderate deviations for the smallest things, yet choose to argue against them based on personal opinion for a specific case.

I thought that the call was accurate. I thought the mechanics could have been better. The mechanics lacked a dead ball signal and moderately animated ejection signal. That's all I was saying.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 07:54am
Official Forum Member

xtreamump

I thought the play was lacking control of the PU, I only saw very little of the play just like everyone here. In FP SB the mechanics have to be quick and clear, I want my partner to know what is going on first, then both coach's. You are not trying to show up a player that just caused a TRAIN WRECK by tossing her, she earned that all by herself. We as Umpires have to control the game. EsqUmp, I think most of these Clones do Rec ball or Slow pitch, they can read a book, and spend all day on the forum picking everyone apart that does not interpret the intent of a rule or mechanic there way.

Last edited by x-tremeump; Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 01:30pm.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 08:16am

I, too, would have like to have seen some sort of indication that left no question the player was ejected. A large part of our jobs as umpires is to communicate. Players, coaches, partners, officials scorers, and even fans deserve to know what an umpires' ruling is. I didn't feel the results of this illegal action were communicated clearly enough for all to understand.

Do I have a huge problem with how the EJ was handled? No. I just think it could have been more clearly indicated. I especially want my partners to know what's going on in the event they need to get involved and keep a situation from getting worse.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The mechanics lacked a dead ball signal.
This comment is true unless the umpire was not going to rule interference. However, with a runner still active, a DB signal should have been made

Quote:
I think most of these Clones do Rec ball or Slow pitch, they can read a book, they just can't interpret what the words define.
That has got to be one of the dumbest ****ing comments I've seen on this board in a while.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreamump View Post
they can read a book, they just can't interpret what the words define.

That is the most completely wrong you and probably anyone has ever been.

With only 25 years experience of FP and 15 years of SP, only one ASA National, only two PONY Nationals, only one USSSA World Series, only D3 & JUCO college, only a few HS State Championships and 9 years on this forum; I am still less credentialed than most of those who continue to try to help with meaningful and useful posts.

Last edited by CecilOne; Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 11:26am.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 09:38am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbjones View Post
Geeeeeeezus. Are you serious? Of course mechanics should be used.

I also know there is rulebook/manual right, ballpark wrong.

This is what I get for crawling out of the ol' deathbed. I can;t get this board on my Android. I think I regret getting on here. Bye.
John, glad to see you back here. Also glad to see you made it back to God's country.

It is interesting to read about the expected mechanic in softball vs. baseball. In baseball it would be expected to call the out and issue an immediate visible ejection. Just goes to show they are not the same game.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

With all the trolls showing up here, things must have gotten boring on the baseball board.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

xtreamump

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post

That is the most completely wrong you and probably anyone has ever been.

With only 25 years experience of FP and 15 years of SP, only one ASA National, only two PONY Nationals, only one USSSA World Series, only D3 & JUCO college, only a few HS State Championships and 9 years on this forum; I am still less credentialed than most of those who continue to try to help with meaningful and useful posts.
Nice Resume, now try to show us what you have learned in 25 years.
With 4 pages of "Useful Posts" on this kind of play, the water is muddy my friend. Lets agree to move on. Its OK to do SP, we all will have to slow down eventually.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Nice Resume, now try to show us what you have learned in 25 years.
With 4 pages of "Useful Posts" on this kind of play, the water is muddy my friend. Lets agree to move on. Its OK to do SP, we all will have to slow down eventually.
You just proved that you have no credibility with your first post....and are little more than a troll with your follow-ups.

Your contribution to the thread was less than those you are trying to mock.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

xtreamump

Quote:
You just proved that you have no credibility with your first post....and are little more than a troll with your follow-ups.

Your contribution to the thread was less than those you are trying to mock.
I am not trying to mock anyone, I am stating a fact that this thread has gone on too long, and my OP is credible. And you Clones wonder why you are on a new Forum. NCASAUMP. You can all go over there and talk about your "SP Beer games". Some of us need new material about FP SB.

Last edited by x-tremeump; Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 06:05pm.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

xtreamump

Quote:
I would totally disagree. Hell, I showed it to non softball people and they knew what the heck happened.

no need to be overly demonstrative there....
Why don't you tell us what happened ? This is a perfect case of interpretation. It does not show anything but the runner crashing into the catcher. Have another drink and make something else up. SP "CLONE"
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why don't you tell us what happened ? This is a perfect case of interpretation. It does not show anything but the runner crashing into the catcher. Have another drink and make something else up. SP "CLONE"
I'm not sure what your issue is, and why you think you have to demean others. If you dont like someones point of view, why not counter it in a professional manner without all the antics?