The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 06:19pm
Official Forum Member

I don't think it was mentioned, but CONGRATS guys on quitting smoking! I have seen many battle it and fail, so it is definately something to be proud of. As far as working out to stay in shape or loose a few pounds, I have found routine to be the key. After getting into it, now you feel bad if you don't work out. Makes you feel great on the ball field too.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Which leads to the joke about there being a village where the elders pass down the story of the Buffalo Bills Dynasty of the early 90s.
Lot's of Cubs shirts here.

I too quit smoking after 20 years at Christmas '99. Could have qualified for Macy's on Thanksgiving. Moved here in '04. Lost over 100lbs. Might be a bit extreme an option for most though.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampaignBlue View Post
Lot's of Cubs shirts here.

I too quit smoking after 20 years at Christmas '99. Could have qualified for Macy's on Thanksgiving. Moved here in '04. Lost over 100lbs. Might be a bit extreme an option for most though.
Really? You lost weight in Africa? Imagine that...

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Mon Jan 18, 2010, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Stevetheump didn't respond to this one, so I figured someone should.

Welcome a(board), Steve. ASA since 1978 looks good, how about some detail?
Old Tue Jan 19, 2010, 06:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
Really? You lost weight in Africa? Imagine that...
Is it just me or do all blues have a warped sense of humor? I know mine has served me well over the years.

I lost the weight because I live way too close to the Bakete and the Tchokwe and there's no sense tempting them unnecessarily.
Old Tue Jan 19, 2010, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampaignBlue View Post
Is it just me or do all blues have a warped sense of humor?
This from the one worried about the local tribes in the Congo asking how an ASA shirt ended up there?

When dealing with the Bakete, are the hands part of the bat or do they come as a side dish?

Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 07:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
This from the one worried about the local tribes in the Congo asking how an ASA shirt ended up there?

When dealing with the Bakete, are the hands part of the bat or do they come as a side dish?

Let's just say "finger licken' good" takes on a whole new meaning here.

Speaking of unusual rulings. Went to the volleyball nationals a few weeks back. Play stopped at one point and a heated debate began in the stands centered around one individual. The tournament officials were consulted and the individual was banned from the court. His offense? He was clearly using his mojo one one of the teams and it was unfair to allow him to continue. Try and find that one in the rule book. At least they didn't require a restart from the beginning.
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely World View Post
I have been able to keep from smoking (not a single cigarette since Jan 1 of last year), and my wife and I bought a home gym so that I can shed off those 35 lbs. If not, hey... Nothing wrong with getting strong.
Eat a bug, spammer.

Reported.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
Eat a bug, spammer.

Reported.
Probably does for the high protein.

However, when I lost my 50+ pounds last year, there was not an extra bead of sweat shed. No workouts, no runs, no long walks, just watched what, how much and when I ate.

So, if the spammer accidently takes a dumbell to the mouth, does that make him/her a cannibal? Hmmmm.
Old Mon Feb 01, 2010, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

Details..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
Stevetheump didn't respond to this one, so I figured someone should.

Welcome a(board), Steve. ASA since 1978 looks good, how about some detail?
Thanks, Cecil. I was stationed at Ft. Ritchie, Maryland when I started in 1978. This was when we did 2-man mechanics, there was NO "foul ball 3rd strike" rule then, and the pitching arc was judged "3 feet from the point of release." In 1982, I was assigned to the Netherlands where I did both ASA SP & FP. In 1986, I went to Holloman AFB in New Mexico where I continued both SP & FP (the two big tournaments I spoke of in an earlier post happened in '87 & '88). In 1989, I was assigned to Lindsey AS, Wiesbaden, Germany. Here, I just did SP. When I retired in 1992, I went back to doing ASA SP at Ritchie. It closed in 1998, so I jumped to Little League. I did LL until 2005, took 2006 off, then came back to ASA SP with my current association.
I enjoy umpiring and consider myself a good umpire, always looking to improve my craft.
Old Mon Feb 01, 2010, 09:09pm
Official Forum Member

Stevetheump,

Are you this Stevetheump?

www.stevetheump.com

Last edited by BretMan; Mon Feb 01, 2010 at 09:44pm.
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Not me.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
Stevetheump,

Are you this Stevetheump?

Steve O's Baseball Umpire Resources
Sorry, not me, Bret. I hope I haven't violated any copyright laws. I'd hate to be doing prison softball.......