The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

2020, anyone?

Well, looks like Softball was not reinstated by the IOC Executive Board for the 2016 Games. Maybe 2020?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Tough decision.

But maybe ASA will pull its head out now and pay attention to the slow pitch game after ignoring it for years.....
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbigdawg View Post
Tough decision.

But maybe ASA will pull its head out now and pay attention to the slow pitch game after ignoring it for years.....
I'm... not sure what that has to do with the Olympics, but okay...

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
I'm... not sure what that has to do with the Olympics, but okay...

ASA was a HUGE part of the push for olympic softball, and IMHO has been overselling FP at the expense of SP for YEARS.....

Hope that clears it up.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
ASA was a HUGE part of the push for olympic softball, and IMHO has been overselling FP at the expense of SP for YEARS.....

Hope that clears it up.
Gotcha... Well, what would you change about SP?

Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
Gotcha... Well, what would you change about SP?
The VERY first thing I would do would be to get local programs more organized/standardized. If SP was as organized as JO F.P. on the local levels, I think there would be a LOT mor.e participation. In some areas, NSA and USSSA are running ASA into the ground....

BTW..youre doing an adequate job in that other forum....
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The VERY first thing I would do would be to get local programs more organized/standardized. If SP was as organized as JO F.P. on the local levels, I think there would be a LOT mor.e participation. In some areas, NSA and USSSA are running ASA into the ground....

BTW..youre doing an adequate job in that other forum....
Adequate job of what? Running it into the ground? Or holding my ground?

Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Tough decision.

Oh please, that is bs.

That is the same BS the FP is stating.

And Gold FP, has BIG problem.

ASA has now lost just about every good gold team out there, including the defending champs. None will be playing ASA championship play next year. They will not be playing and the list grows. The defending champs with the best pitcher Gold has seen probably since abbott, finch, or osterman will not be in OKC next year. Hows that feel to umps who work gold? The coach himself has posted and confirmed it.

18G OKC may well look like a 16 Eastern Nationals in skill level.

ASA may need to pull its head out about a lot of things... because the "elite league" the gold coaches have formed is not looking good for ASA IMO.

The olympics are lost.

Mens FP has been lost awhile.

I dont know the answer, but I hope its found, because ASA is losing a lot of its strengths.
If the answer is "slow pitch".. well I may need to go elsewhere. Because I dont enjoy the smell of stale beer and rotten hot dog.

Last edited by wadeintothem; Thu Aug 13, 2009 at 09:59am.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
The coach himself has posted and confirmed it.
Please post a link to this.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Gary Haning is leading the charge, but Phil Mumma has confirm Sorcerers will not be defending their title. The list of teams is actually pretty awesome. A big part of me thinks its doomed for failure long term, but OKC is not looking good for next year for sure.

HeyBucket.com - View topic - Information about Premier Fastpitch Girls Softball
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Wade,

What is all this? Where are they going?

Why? Why are they down on 18G?

Context please. We just had umps come from National tourneys, not regional nats, and the number of teams were astronomical as they put it.

Thanks.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

At first I thought it was a power play by whiney so cal folks whimpering about the heat, to force ASA to do something.. basically a goof. Then Phil pposted. Anyone who knows Phil knows hes a no BS type guy; I dont know that I've ever seen him make a joke ever... not to mention he is Nor Cal... so now I dunno.

Basically, they are IMO whinining about location of gold (because OKC apparently sucks), length of tourney (I agree 64 teams / 9 days is way too long), most of all - college players in gold (I didnt know this was a problem, a big complaint about Phil's teams before were he has so many college players)..

Anyway.. ASA and their USA program and the Gold Program as suffering big hits IMO. To sit around talking about slow pitch and sending commitees around asking what people want in slow pitch show either their priorities or off or they just aint paying attention -- or perhaps their Priority is on SP and exactly where they want it to be. If thats the case, they open the door for others.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

If Walmart offers (to it's customer base) a perceived better product...a more convenient product...with more perceived value..and a lesser overall price... with better perceived customer service.....than Target does......I am shopping Walmart!!

We will have to wait and see if Target and Walmart can stay in business??
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthegame View Post
If Walmart offers (to it's customer base) a perceived better product...a more convenient product...with more perceived value..and a lesser overall price... with better perceived customer service.....than Target does......I am shopping Walmart!!
Go ahead. I wouldn't walk across the street to spit on a Walmart regardless of the price. Oh, and BTW, they don't give a **** about you or anyone else.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2009, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald View Post
Wade,

What is all this? Where are they going?

Why? Why are they down on 18G?

Context please. We just had umps come from National tourneys, not regional nats, and the number of teams were astronomical as they put it.

Thanks.
The SoCal self-declared Gods of softball are pissed that ASA will not exclude eligible players who are in college from participating in ASA softball.

And why, do you ask? Because of the idiots', and yes, I said idiots', perception that this individual is taking up another player's chance to get a scholarship.

So, these people have decided they are going to have a Premier National that will include the "best teams in softball" that will exclude any player that cannot produce a valid HS ID or proof of being still home-schooled.

IOW, another ****ing showcase tournament as if there are not enough of them already. The idiots cannot get it through their thick, smog-shrouded heads that part of ASA's mission as the NGB is to provide the path to and crown a national champion. God forbid teams actually play to win as a team and not for the personal advancement of the individual. But, then again, we are probably talking about the same people who believe EVERY participant should get some sort of award just for participating so no one's fellings get hurt.