The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steev27 View Post
there is no way to tell for sure a bat is altered or doctored in ur words a painted bat is impossible to tell as far as it being a freak 98 i just sold my freak 98 that was hitting 330 ft bombs right out of the wrapper and its a true freak98 my friendone at the same store same time as i did and his is like hitting a canoe paddle all bats are different even the same model some are hot some are not further investigation needs to be done before accusations are made
1 - I wouldn't quite say that 330 ft hits are "bombs." I've seen some hits go over a 315 fence that were just beginning to start their descent back into the atmosphere. If it hadn't have been for the 40' tall trees behind the fence (and it hit the tops of those trees), the ball would have continued another 150-200 feet or so. Those are bombs. No, his bat wasn't juiced. He played on the local high school team that took the state championship.

2 - It's not impossible. It's just extremely difficult.

3 - Different bats will break in differently. If your friend is not getting much batting practice in, or if he doesn't rotate the bat on each hit, it will break in unevenly. Just a fact with composite bats.

4 - I'm sending you an old keyboard of mine. The punctuation keys work great. Please consider using them.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.

Last edited by NCASAUmp; Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 11:46am.
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

andy shows u really dont know much about bats yes there are the obvious alterations to bats that a monkey should be able to see im saying a painted bat to the naked eye would never rise suspicion unless u know about rue bat performance and there are very few out there that really know what an ultra 2 for instance is capable of 90% of the population could never swing it fast enough to see what a truly insane bat it is
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
andy shows u really dont know much about bats yes there are the obvious alterations to bats that a monkey should be able to see im saying a painted bat to the naked eye would never rise suspicion unless u know about rue bat performance and there are very few out there that really know what an ultra 2 for instance is capable of 90% of the population could never swing it fast enough to see what a truly insane bat it is
I see you still haven't received my keyboard...

Is there a specific question that you'd like to ask us regarding doctored bats?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Dave:

I can see that you didn't have time to ship your keyboard to him yet!

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi View Post
Dave:

I can see that you didn't have time to ship your keyboard to him yet!
The Pony Express is galloping as fast as it can.

Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
I see you still haven't received my keyboard...

Is there a specific question that you'd like to ask us regarding doctored bats?

Hah!!! We posted at the same time. Great minds....blah, blah, blah.

Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

steeve27,

I think what Andy was saying "what???" to was the fact that your posts are at best exhausting to read because of the lack of sentence structure, capitalization, punctuation...etc.

Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Lol sorry guys dint know i was being graded ! That 530ft shot u were talking about was hardball i assume?? remember ur talking like 5th level skydome at 530 ft. Brett Helmer and Jeff Hall distances using 120 mph bats
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Lol sorry guys dint know i was being graded ! That 530ft shot u were talking about was hardball i assume?? remember ur talking like 5th level skydome at 530 ft. Brett Helmer and Jeff Hall distances using 120 mph bats
No, it was actually one of our local church league slow pitch softball games.

Not kidding. The kid has serious bat speed and technique.

Everyone's jaws hit the floor, including mine as I watched it soar from behind the second baseman.

Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Slo pitch??
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi View Post
steeve27,

I think what Andy was saying "what???" to was the fact that your posts are at best exhausting to read because of the lack of sentence structure, capitalization, punctuation...etc.
Oh, that too, I thought he meant relevance.
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Quote:
Here, Steve. You can use these:

. ? , . . . ? , . ,
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Slo pitch??
Yep. Slow pitch softball.

The entire field just froze and gazed at the ball, including the runners.

This kid's as honest as they come, too. His bat was 100% legit.

Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Lol sorry guys dint know i was being graded ! ...
OK, since the subject has already been broached here, I'm not taking this thread too much more OT more than it already is. This idea that capitalization and punctuation rules exist only to get a 5th grade English grade is, well, juvenile.

As has already been said, the reason we have these rules is so the written language can be understood. It has nothing to do with "grades" and everything to do with communicating.

The person who won't use at least enough punctuation and capitalization to divide his writing into basic sentences is like the driver who changes lanes and cuts in front of another driver to avoid braking. He is forcing the driver he cut off to now brake. He has no problem inconveniencing others to avoid minor effort himself.
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No, I have been watching players hit softballs over 400' for a while and I have a hard time believing there are bats with a 120 mph exit speed.

Then again, anyone who is truly a power hitter doesn't need a juiced bat, out of the wrapper or altered.

BTW, I know there are multilingual posters, but I'm not so sure anyone is fluent in jibberish. Maybe in the YSISF.