The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 05, 2013, 02:11am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are missing the point. This is why at the levels most of us likely work, you do not go in at all trying to put your hands on officials. Because people are getting pushed and they push whomever is in their face. My point is the officials knows better than you or me if the guy was just pushing guys away from him and accidentally pushed the official. High levels have different standards and certainly have different standards of contact or these situations than we would at the HS level. That is just a fact.

Peace
Okay, what about the tackle from the Browns that beaned by a flag that went through his face mask causing him to lose the eyesight in on eye. When the official that threw the flag walked over to check on him he pushed the official away. Boom............ejection.
Old Tue Feb 05, 2013, 02:12am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
I think my baseball analogy in this situation is relevant to the nature of the discussion we're having here because game management is game management.

Only in the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) have I seen an official shoved in that manner and get away with it. Obviously the official chose to keep Mr. #29 in the game. That is his right as the official. I happened to disagree with his judgment which by the likes of what I'm reading on here means that I should keep my aspirations to move up on the baseball diamond and not on the football field which I am okay with.

I will stick to my guns though and say that if he had ejected him, all of you would be talking about what a great "textbook" EJ that was.
The WWF is the World Wildlife Foundation.
Old Tue Feb 05, 2013, 09:20am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Sports Junkies from DC interviewed Cary Williams this morning. Right or wrong, his take:

Obviously, it was a "chippy" game. It was a "heat of the moment" thing after his helmet was "ripped off." Said, he didn't really see the ref, he just got up and pushed whomever was in front of him.....and the ref was there. He said, the ref knew he was not doing it on purpose or to hurt him and made the right "no call." Emotions got the best of him.

When asked if he expected to be fined, he said he hadn't heard from the league yet......
Old Tue Feb 05, 2013, 10:08am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
Okay, what about the tackle from the Browns that beaned by a flag that went through his face mask causing him to lose the eyesight in on eye. When the official that threw the flag walked over to check on him he pushed the official away. Boom............ejection.
What does that have to do with this case? Nothing, because the situation was not a scrum or pushing match with several opponents and officials in the middle trying to separate them.

Peace
Old Tue Feb 05, 2013, 10:18am
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
The WWF is the World Wildlife Foundation.

"The Internet - Where everybody gets to decide their own acronyms"

-Ben Franklin
Old Tue Feb 05, 2013, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Sports Junkies from DC interviewed Cary Williams this morning. Right or wrong, his take:

Obviously, it was a "chippy" game. It was a "heat of the moment" thing after his helmet was "ripped off." Said, he didn't really see the ref, he just got up and pushed whomever was in front of him.....and the ref was there. He said, the ref knew he was not doing it on purpose or to hurt him and made the right "no call." Emotions got the best of him.

When asked if he expected to be fined, he said he hadn't heard from the league yet......
I'm willing to bet the official wasn't exactly sure where the hit came from as well. He knows he was contacted but he was getting into a scrum and guys are getting pushed everywhere.
Old Tue Feb 05, 2013, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Question. If you flag this guy (which should have occurred) do you have to throw him out? If the official deemed that he didn t realize he was shoving an official, he should be able to flag him without tossing him. If ejection is mandatory, maybe the official passed on it. Anyone know?