The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwestref View Post
What about the example this shows thousands (minimum) of youth players, who see this happen and no penalty assessed? I agree about the officials knowing what is incidental and what is intentional, but players have been ejected for far less contact. Despite what I think about lack of ejection, I expect a fine to be forthcoming.
The NFL, and other professional leagues, can't be fully concerned about what some youth player might do in their game. There's a lot of trash talking and gesturing and gamesmanship and communication/questing of officials that is allowed at the professional level that isn't allowed in the amateur level...so that reasoning for whether a call should be made or not means absolutely nothing to me, as far as what happens at a higher level.

As to the play in question, I wouldn't expect an ejection in an NFL game...a flag at most, but no ejection.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 04:44am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
What about the example this shows thousands (minimum) of youth players, who see this happen and no penalty assessed? I agree about the officials knowing what is incidental and what is intentional, but players have been ejected for far less contact. Despite what I think about lack of ejection, I expect a fine to be forthcoming.
Then those kids are not too bright. These guys are getting paid, someone at their level is not getting paid to play. Big difference.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 05:30am
Stop staring at me swan.

I guess the problem is that the America as a whole is too dumb to filter the two.

This crap filters down to the youth level b/c many people think they're coaching in the NFL in 6U. It certainly is not the officials' faults at the NFL level for the conduct of idiot youth coaches.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 09:08am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Think of the children (wringing hands)!
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Ejection on shoves? Really?

Peace
Did you really just ask that? RUFK? You know better - and you would eject 100% of the time, in every sport you do, if you were shoved by a player.

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You are missing the point. This is why at the levels most of us likely work, you do not go in at all trying to put your hands on officials. Because people are getting pushed and they push whomever is in their face. My point is the officials knows better than you or me if the guy was just pushing guys away from him and accidentally pushed the official. High levels have different standards and certainly have different standards of contact or these situations than we would at the HS level. That is just a fact.

Peace
Heck no. Easy ejection every single time.

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 11:33am
Stop staring at me swan.

The same apologists on here would be supporting an EJ had that been the result as well.

In my opinion, he should've been ejected.

In the opinion of others on here it was "great officiating"

God bless America where everybody on the Internet gets his own opinion. -Abraham Lincoln
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 11:35am
Do not give a damn!!

If it was an automatic and you all know so much, why was there no ejection?

After all, this is about your games right?

Peace
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 12:04pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
If it was an automatic and you all know so much, why was there no ejection?

After all, this is about your games right?

Peace
Nobody's saying that you can't stick up for your buddies. I just disagree that's all. I'm over it.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 12:06pm
Stop staring at me swan.

In baseball, there are times in post season where I haven't ejected when I probably would have in the regular season. Trust me, I get it. I guess my main point is that had he ejected him, nobody on here would've said that the guy didn't deserved to get sent to the showers.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 01:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
Nobody's saying that you can't stick up for your buddies. I just disagree that's all. I'm over it.
How are they my buddies? There was no ejection and you and others are comparing things to pro sports that have no significants. I have seen several fights in pro sports and officials handle those situations drastically differently than they do in amateur sports. So explain why was there absolutely no ejection that took place? I is not about disagreement, just answer why this was handled differently?

Peace
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 01:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
In baseball, there are times in post season where I haven't ejected when I probably would have in the regular season. Trust me, I get it. I guess my main point is that had he ejected him, nobody on here would've said that the guy didn't deserved to get sent to the showers.
With all due respect, who cares about baseball in this discussion? This is not baseball as the rules for fights are totally different than what happens in an NFL game. Players can leave the bullpen when a fight takes place. Players in the NFL cannot leave the bench. That is why you see a basic pushing and shoving match during this sitaution and you saw hardly anyone even come to the field that was on the sideline. And in baseball they choose not to eject people at the clip they do in the post season. And once again, who said anything about what someone deserves?

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Feb 04, 2013 at 01:34pm.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 01:44pm
Archaic Power Monger

I think the only reason there wasn't an EJ here is that it was the Super Bowl. There have been other instances just like this where a player shoves an official out of the way and gets tossed, Justin Smith from the 49ers for one (and he deserved it).

Any game of mine and he is gone, and yes Rut, I know I'm not calling in the Super Bowl.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 01:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I think the only reason there wasn't an EJ here is that it was the Super Bowl. There have been other instances just like this where a player shoves an official out of the way and gets tossed, Justin Smith from the 49ers for one (and he deserved it).

Any game of mine and he is gone, and yes Rut, I know I'm not calling in the Super Bowl.
And there have been other instances where similar contact did not result in an ejection. This was not a situation where individuals were complaining just about a call, this was a situation where players were locked together. What someone deserves is not the same at all levels. If that was the case then when NFL shows a coach go crazy on the sidelines then they would be ejected as they are in HS football. And in college and certainly the NFL the usage of language is very different and what is acceptable is considered very different. Let us not act like this is a totally new concept we are discussing here.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 04, 2013, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Football is a game involving extreme personal contact between players age 6 through 60. Would it make any sense to apply basic rules exactly the same across all the various levels?

The majority of disqualifications I've seen, with the exception of a deliberate "cheap shot" are not produced by that initial action, but are the result of subsequent actions or reactions or built upon previous actions or reactions.