The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I also learned the unsuccessful people do things that successful people do not do. I will let you figure out how that plays out in this conversation. So you go on worrying about what I think of this.

Peace
Yeah, successful people can recognize and admit mistakes to correct the problem. Idiots like you can't and just keep making them over and over. In the real world that's usually just unfortunate for you. On the football field, it's unfortunate for the game.
And I notice you still can't address the question and instead resort to some sort of comical threat. Truly, truly pathetic.

Last edited by Just Me; Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 10:29am.
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
And I notice you still can't address the question and instead resort to some sort of comical threat. Truly, truly pathetic.
As predicted.

West Houston Mike
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, successful people can recognize and admit mistakes to correct the problem. Idiots like you can't and just keep making them over and over. In the real world that's usually just unfortunate for you. On the football field, it's unfortunate for the game.
Actually he did address the issue.

He stated that touches between the time of the "first" first-touching and when the ball becomes dead "are not relevant".

He's wrong. He'll never admit it.

Time to move on from this one, in due time..... he'll do it again.....

...... and deny it again......
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Not that this even applies here, but this is the kind of crap that kept me off of here for over a year. I led off a discussion about black pants two years ago and got lambasted about how dumb they were...yada yada. Now half the officials before too long here will be wearing them in lousy weather or cold conditions soon.

Guys come here for some discussion on things they've seen and dealt with and it turns into a pi$$ing match because an ego or two get chapped. For the sake of an argument...I'd bet almost anyone here working longer than a few years could watch the rest of us work and take up some sort of issue on their hustle, mechanics, positions at the snap, etc.

You guys sound like a bunch of ladies *****ing at each other on The View.

As we've all seen, having a ton of years in as an official does make a great official. Tooting your own horn about how good you are is classic....if you were that good you wouldn't be on here. You'd be on your way to wherever you're working this weekend.
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 12:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Talk to my patch (two of them as well).

Then ask me how successful I am.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Peace
Dude ... now you're just a comic book character.

West Houston Mike
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 12:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canned Heat View Post
Not that this even applies here, but this is the kind of crap that kept me off of here for over a year. I led off a discussion about black pants two years ago and got lambasted about how dumb they were...yada yada. Now half the officials before too long here will be wearing them in lousy weather or cold conditions soon.

Guys come here for some discussion on things they've seen and dealt with and it turns into a pi$$ing match because an ego or two get chapped. For the sake of an argument...I'd bet almost anyone here working longer than a few years could watch the rest of us work and take up some sort of issue on their hustle, mechanics, positions at the snap, etc.

You guys sound like a bunch of ladies *****ing at each other on The View.

As we've all seen, having a ton of years in as an official does make a great official. Tooting your own horn about how good you are is classic....if you were that good you wouldn't be on here. You'd be on your way to wherever you're working this weekend.
I discuss these things like I discuss politics. They are fun and interesting, but never changes the core feelings I have as those are developed in other ways. If you come here looking to get something more out of this place from people you will never meet and people you will never work with, you are doing yourself a disservice in my opinion. There should be trainings and meetings in your area that should shape your feelings on anything. After all, the local people you will have to work for and deal with on a daily basis. I come here strictly for entertainment, no other reason. Those reason were dispelled a very long time ago.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 12:41pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
And you are a clown who does not know the difference between what you do and what others do.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 12:47pm
Archaic Power Monger

And Cue Benny Hill!

YouTube - Benny Hill Theme
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
This message is hidden because JRutledge is on your ignore list.
Aaaahhh... the sweet sounds of sanity. Should have done this yesterday.

West Houston Mike
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

Peace
"The other touches in your case are not relevant unless these are the places the ball is ruled dead."

Still no explanation regarding your incorrect answer above. Maybe you can use those 2 patches to cover up your mistake.
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
"The other touches in your case are not relevant unless these are the places the ball is ruled dead."

Still no explanation regarding your incorrect answer above. Maybe you can use those 2 patches to cover up your mistake.
Silly man ... those aren't patches... they are the beanbags you failed to drop.

West Houston Mike
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

guess whose back, back again, Jinx is back tell some B.......

Wow I got back just in time to see Rut runnin' his flap jack, last time I saw you Rut you were bein' a "Pioneer", how did that work for you? If your a man, be a man & say either you were wrong or the way you expressed yourself was wrong. If you have "only" a first touching spot & a dead ball spot you should clarify it for us. Since your the guy with the "patches" help out the lowly masses. Tell us how you would work the bag, what you would do. The whole point is funny to everyone because they know your wrong. Try & bring it to me, cuz your not better then ME, your not close to being on my level as a back judge or a football official in general. Your runnin your mouth in front of the w.... people & making B.... people look bad. Quiet your mouth, write you messed up a little explaining what you wanted to say & move. We can meet anywhere you want, I'll be in Joliet this weekend. You can't bring it to me, on here or on the field.
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 01:36am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx View Post
guess whose back, back again, Jinx is back tell some B.......

Wow I got back just in time to see Rut runnin' his flap jack, last time I saw you Rut you were bein' a "Pioneer", how did that work for you? If your a man, be a man & say either you were wrong or the way you expressed yourself was wrong. If you have "only" a first touching spot & a dead ball spot you should clarify it for us. Since your the guy with the "patches" help out the lowly masses. Tell us how you would work the bag, what you would do. The whole point is funny to everyone because they know your wrong. Try & bring it to me, cuz your not better then ME, your not close to being on my level as a back judge or a football official in general. Your runnin your mouth in front of the w.... people & making B.... people look bad. Quiet your mouth, write you messed up a little explaining what you wanted to say & move. We can meet anywhere you want, I'll be in Joliet this weekend. You can't bring it to me, on here or on the field.
It must have worked out fine because that was the year I got those patches a few weeks later. I said exactly what I wanted to say, all those spots are irrelevant to me. They do not mean anything because it is not hard to figure out which is the dead ball spot and compare that to the first touching spot we are going to use. I guess unless you have no field awareness or game awareness this might be difficult. I even learned a long time ago to figure out the first down spot without having to look at the sticks. If I can do that it is not hard to decide what spot to use. I know I am not alone in that at all, because officials greater than me taught me to do that.

I asked a person on my crew tonight that also worked a State Final with me and is the rules guy on our crew. We had a game tonight because of the Jewish Holiday and this was talked about in our pregame. He often will get into rules discussions with us and give his opinion. And when our crew chief sends out emails with rules and situations, he almost always responds and gives a through explanation. So if I was wrong he would tell me that is what he thought. I asked him directly several situations of different first touching spots. I did not tell him about this conversation or the context, I just asked him what would he do and how would you handle it. He did at first say he would mark all those spots, but then when he thought about it, he said, "If I do all of that, I will not have the spot for the end of the kick or the end of the related run that could occur." He even talked briefly about throwing his hat, but then said to me "Why?" Because he realized that they are not going to take the ball at the other spots anyway and the other spots would be more important. I did not direct him in any direction or try to tell him what I would do.

The conversation only took a couple of minutes. BTW he is a college official as well.

Sorry, not taking back a single word. I stand by what I said. And if you did not get it the first time, all those spots are irrelevant to me. There is a dead ball spot and a first touching spot. The furthest most spot for first touching is going to be used and I do not need to bag every single spot. And the vast majority of first touching spots are clearly identifiable. Better yet, I would not have bags for every spot even if I wanted to. I only take three and I have yet to use all three on a single play even with a first touching spots. I stand by what I say, call me wrong but that is what I am going to do. Do you!!!

Peace
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 04:15am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
A legend in his own mind.