Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 02:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
Back in post #25, JRut responded to this mbcrowder post:

This was your reply:

At that point you were very clearly saying the subsequent spots of first touching did not matter and you are giving R the ball at the R2. Then you finally said:

That is exactly the point myself and others were trying to make but you argued against it. I am glad we are now in agreement.
It seems to me you tried to read into what I said and then started talking about other things that were not relevant to my position. Or you tried to assume I did not know the rule because I was not following your procedures by throwing bean bags all over the place.

I do not know how many ways I can say this. I will bag on one spot for first touching. As it is almost never that complicated to figure out where the ball is first touched. BTW, the bag is a guide, not an absolute as the bag might not land in the perfect spot. I also make a note to myself where that spot is, similar to how I would put a flag if thrown for a penalty. The bean bag is a guide, not an absolute or cannot be changed or moved. Secondly if the ball dies closer to the LOS, it is likely that is where the ball will be spotted. I guess I do not go through this "If the ball touches here....then if some unforeseen issue comes up....I must then do this." I do not think like that as an official. There is a dead ball spot and a first touching spot. Wherever that first touching spot is it is only relevant if the ball dies behind that spot. And in most cases these two spots are not that hard to determine. Also I have never seen a ball bounce around 3 or 4 times (legally) in different directions in a matter of yards where this is hard to tell. Players get away from the ball and let it bounce. And if it goes back to the LOS, they will grab it as not lose field position. And I am still only going to bean bag one spot as the other spots would be worse if I do not get those as those have penalty implications. Those spots to me are much more important than what where we might mark a potential first touching spot that is not likely to be used at all. Or if used it will be obvious the most advantageous position. I used the term "irrelevant" because it is not hard to determine in a 3 yard window where to put the ball. Which is why I was really puzzled when you (If I can remember that long ago) why you said we should bean bag a ball at the 20, then 16, then 14 on a scrimmage kick going towards R's goal line. Remember the word “relevant” or irrelevant is a subjective statement. What might be important to you might be insignificant to me. And which is why some crew do very different things at the very same level all the time.

And since you keep asking me this question, how many bean bags are we expected to use on a normal basis? That question has never been answered for me. But I am supposed to admit something that I do not agree with.

I cannot believe we are at 8 pages over this crap. If you believe I am wrong, why does it matter what I say to you? Are we going to work with me soon? Are you going to decide what I will work or not work in the future? Are you going to vote for me in some association election or position? I know I will not have much association with you. But I have to admit I am wrong when I do not agree even what we have been talking about. I know what you are talking about, but that is not what I was talking about in the original post and nothing you have said changes what I was talking about. I just said I was marking one spot and rulebook officials like yourself want to complain about rules and details that were never intended in this discussion.

I have to go as I have actual football to work. Have a great weekend.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Fri Sep 17, 2010 at 02:20pm.
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Wherever that first touching spot is it is only relevant if the ball dies behind that spot.
Well obviously THAT isn't always true...

Quote:
Also I have never seen a ball bounce around 3 or 4 times (legally) in different directions in a matter of yards where this is hard to tell.
From this I can only surmise one of the following... A) You're a liar, B) You officiate with your eyes closed, or C) You've only worked peewee ball. I'm guessing B from the context of the rest of your posts. I simply cannot believe that anyone who has worked a decent number of varsity games has never had a member of the kicking team, rushing toward the goal line, tap the ball desperately back from near the goal line (bag ... because you don't yet know what else may happen), and then have it touched again by the kicking team as it's coming back toward their LOS (bag 2!).

Quote:
And I am still only going to bean bag one spot as the other spots would be worse if I do not get those as those have penalty implications.
Which are you failing to bag? The 1, or the 4? In either case, you've not done your job. When it was at the one, you don't know it's going to be touched again. And when it's touched at the 4, that's the most likely eventual spot. You go ahead and refuse to do your job. The first time it matters, I'm sure you'll either hear from your WH, or maybe have to find a new one.
Quote:
I cannot believe we are at 8 pages over this crap.
Good god, me neither... and ONLY YOU fail to realize you are wrong (except when you tried to admit you were wrong without admitting it. EVERY SINGLE OTHER POSTER HERE knows you're wrong.
Quote:
I have to go as I have actual football to work. Have a great weekend.
You too, and God help your crewmates.

Quote:
Peace
Liar.

West Houston Mike
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

Never mind Rut. I apologize for tring to help a fellow official. At least we are now in agreement on the original point: the best first touching spot is the 4not the 1. You are the one who turned it into a bean bag discussion.
Old Sat Sep 18, 2010, 02:08am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
Never mind Rut. I apologize for tring to help a fellow official. At least we are now in agreement on the original point: the best first touching spot is the 4not the 1. You are the one who turned it into a bean bag discussion.
The question was what we were looking to do on a play. How can you have that discussion without discussing the mechanics and procedure?

Peace
Old Sat Sep 18, 2010, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The question was what we were looking to do on a play. How can you have that discussion without discussing the mechanics and procedure?

Peace
well when your wrong you should stop discussing & move on

answer the question, you won't because it goes against your wrong answer

Ks touches it at the 2(you have to bag it) then the ball bounces off a K player at the 8 & is picked up by a r player & runs it to the 50 where he fumbles
your using your super human memory & just trotted back & putting the ball where? OH this spot looks good on the 10, no the 5, yeah the 5. Get real
Old Sat Sep 18, 2010, 11:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx View Post
well when your wrong you should stop discussing & move on

answer the question, you won't because it goes against your wrong answer

Ks touches it at the 2(you have to bag it) then the ball bounces off a K player at the 8 & is picked up by a r player & runs it to the 50 where he fumbles
your using your super human memory & just trotted back & putting the ball where? OH this spot looks good on the 10, no the 5, yeah the 5. Get real
I do not answer your question because you are not going to do anything if I do or if I don't.

And I am still discussing this because I can and you will again do nothing about it but run your mouth on this site.

Anything else you want to know?

Peace