View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 12:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canned Heat View Post
Not that this even applies here, but this is the kind of crap that kept me off of here for over a year. I led off a discussion about black pants two years ago and got lambasted about how dumb they were...yada yada. Now half the officials before too long here will be wearing them in lousy weather or cold conditions soon.

Guys come here for some discussion on things they've seen and dealt with and it turns into a pi$$ing match because an ego or two get chapped. For the sake of an argument...I'd bet almost anyone here working longer than a few years could watch the rest of us work and take up some sort of issue on their hustle, mechanics, positions at the snap, etc.

You guys sound like a bunch of ladies *****ing at each other on The View.

As we've all seen, having a ton of years in as an official does make a great official. Tooting your own horn about how good you are is classic....if you were that good you wouldn't be on here. You'd be on your way to wherever you're working this weekend.
I discuss these things like I discuss politics. They are fun and interesting, but never changes the core feelings I have as those are developed in other ways. If you come here looking to get something more out of this place from people you will never meet and people you will never work with, you are doing yourself a disservice in my opinion. There should be trainings and meetings in your area that should shape your feelings on anything. After all, the local people you will have to work for and deal with on a daily basis. I come here strictly for entertainment, no other reason. Those reason were dispelled a very long time ago.

Peace