The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Does replay guy have some sort of parameter he has to follow to overturn call on field? Are replay guys officials?

To answer these two questions.

1. Yes. A replay official must have indisputable video evidence to overturn a call on the field.

2. Replay officials are most often retired field officials. One man from my area is a replay official after spending a number of years as a Big Ten referee.

The replay rules are contained within the NCAA rulebook which anyone can download in PDF format at no cost.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
I never said or even thought about whether it mattered to you or not, but apparently it did carry some weight as you obviously considered it important enough to respond to. Either it mattered to you or it struck a nerve, prompting a guilty conscience to submit a weak rebuttal.
Jaybird, I've chosen to ignore basketloads of your really stupid comments, much Like I usually ignore a real dopey jerk on the sideline who keeps repeating stupid things trying to make himself sound smart or important.

Every now and then, I wonder, "Maybe this fool is actually so dense he really doesn't understand just how stupid he sounds, so I'll give him a break and try and educate him." Sadly, doing so doesn't often turn any lights on for these type fools, because REALLY stupid runs deep, but at least I tried.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
My question, just from the clip I saw was, wouldn't he have been downfield before the pass crossed the LOS?
NC, here's the NCAA rule regarding ineligibles downfield...it just changed this year:

Ineligible Receiver Downfield
ARTICLE 10. No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone has been thrown (A.R. 7-3-10-I and II).
PENALTY—Five yards from the previous spot [S37].
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Jaybird, I've chosen to ignore basketloads of your really stupid comments, much Like I usually ignore a real dopey jerk on the sideline who keeps repeating stupid things trying to make himself sound smart or important.
Obviously you haven't chosen to ignore my comments because they always prompt a response, each less intelligent than the previous. The only time I have noticed when you ignore something is when it is a rule or case reference that would clear up your misguided notions.

Quote:
Every now and then, I wonder, "Maybe this fool is actually so dense he really doesn't understand just how stupid he sounds, so I'll give him a break and try and educate him." Sadly, doing so doesn't often turn any lights on for these type fools, because REALLY stupid runs deep, but at least I tried.
Apparently you are still looking in the mirror! You really should not belittle yourself in this manner, no matter how accurate it is, because it can't be healthy.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Why, on earth, would you imagine your impression mattered to me, about anything?
I dunno. Maybe because you respond every time.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 03:44pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp View Post
I dunno. Maybe because you respond every time.

It's almost Pavlovian.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
It's almost Pavlovian.
Ding. Ding. Ding.