The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 10, 2009, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Brandon Kincer
Penalty enforcement

Where can I find the rule as far enforcing a penalty simaltaneous with the snap or kick?
Old Sun May 10, 2009, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

The rule is NF: 10.4.2.a. Rule 10 is a relatively short rule and should be read slowly, simultaneously with the Case Book.

There is a pretty extensive "Summary of Penalties" as appendix B in the Redding Study G to NFHS Rulesuide which you may find helpful.
Old Sun May 10, 2009, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Thanks!
Old Sun May 10, 2009, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

You are asking a lot of good questions, however IMO, you are far from ready to step on a varsity field,
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 04:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You are asking a lot of good questions, however IMO, you are far from ready to step on a varsity field,
with all due respect sir, I don't think you know me well enough to determine thatnor do I think its your place. Just because im not sure of somethings doesn't mean im not ready. Ya gotta start somewhere and as a matter of fact new officials staer out on the middle school level amd I plan on learning by doing and taking what I can from that. So please refrain from trying to put me down when all im trying to do is answer a few questions. Thank you.

Last edited by Brandon Kincer; Mon May 11, 2009 at 04:11am.
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Kincer View Post
with all due respect sir, I don't think you know me well enough to determine thatnor do I think its your place. Just because im not sure of somethings doesn't mean im not ready. Ya gotta start somewhere and as a matter of fact new officials staer out on the middle school level amd I plan on learning by doing and taking what I can from that. So please refrain from trying to put me down when all im trying to do is answer a few questions. Thank you.
Sorry dude, that's not how forums work. Everybody gets to post his or her opinion, no matter how idiotic. It's up to you to decide what's good, and to try to ignore the rest.
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It is good that you ask questions and try to learn the game rules before stepping out on the field, in fact, keep asking because it makes veteran officials like myself think about what may have unfortunately become routine.

As for the level of game you work always look to the next level to determine what you need to do to reach that level. Personally, new officials who ask questions have all my support because they can be taught.

Best of luck to you.
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 07:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
I fail to find anything in the OP that indicates the level at which this person wishes to officiate. And...it is certainly not my duty to judge the level at which our colleagues should be officiating.

I hope the original poster continues to ask questions here regardless of how much someone attacks his ability.
Old Tue May 12, 2009, 01:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland View Post
It is good that you ask questions and try to learn the game rules before stepping out on the field, in fact, keep asking because it makes veteran officials like myself think about what may have unfortunately become routine.

As for the level of game you work always look to the next level to determine what you need to do to reach that level. Personally, new officials who ask questions have all my support because they can be taught.

Best of luck to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Brandon-

You will get there, keep studying, asking questions and seeking the right answers from a variety of sources.

My own advice is to get intimate with Rule 2. Understanding and being able to apply definitions will be key in learning and comprehending the remainder of the rule book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Brandon,

I am not "cutting you down." You very well may be ready. Only those from your association who have observed you can know for sure. Based on the level of your questions I firmly believe that you need more work. As I said previously, in my organization the standards are high. Getting on the varsity field too soon can negatively affect an official's career. You and others may feel my criticism is harsh. So be it. You had best prepare for harsh criticism as you move up. Your questions tell me that you have potential. Keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
I fail to find anything in the OP that indicates the level at which this person wishes to officiate. And...it is certainly not my duty to judge the level at which our colleagues should be officiating.

I hope the original poster continues to ask questions here regardless of how much someone attacks his ability.
Thanks for all the support guys. It really is appreciated. Like ive said before, this is something I really want to grow in. For the record, I do not plan on working a single varsity game this season although some of the certified officials say that I will be scheduled for at least one near the end of the season. I want work my way up not only because I am required to but I feel its essential that I do for the sole purpose of learning and educating myself to become the best I can be. People I work with at my primary job are excited for me. Some have even asked that I send them tickets to the super bowl when I make it to the NFL lol. I told this one lady that when I throw a flag on her favorite player, I would sign the flag with a sharpy and send it to her in the mail. Nevertheless, I am ver appreciative of the support I get but at the sametime I never frown upon contructive criticism and will continue to ask questions.
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 12:39pm
Archaic Power Monger

Brandon-

You will get there, keep studying, asking questions and seeking the right answers from a variety of sources.

My own advice is to get intimate with Rule 2. Understanding and being able to apply definitions will be key in learning and comprehending the remainder of the rule book.
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Brandon,

I am not "cutting you down." You very well may be ready. Only those from your association who have observed you can know for sure. Based on the level of your questions I firmly believe that you need more work. As I said previously, in my organization the standards are high. Getting on the varsity field too soon can negatively affect an official's career. You and others may feel my criticism is harsh. So be it. You had best prepare for harsh criticism as you move up. Your questions tell me that you have potential. Keep it up.
Old Sat May 16, 2009, 07:09pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Answer

Quote:
Where can I find the rule as far enforcing a penalty simaltaneous with the snap or kick?
CANADIAN ANSWER:

Snap: Rule 4.

Kick-Off: Rule 5.