The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

So now you are baiting Mike. You have name called and expressed your opinion so now just drop it and go away.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

I have no interest in preaching anything to you, asdf, because I'm really not sure if it would accomplish anything. You still don't get it. I don't know if that's because you just don't want to get it, or you're not bright enough to understand what "it" actually is.

It doesn't matter what Coach Bryan said, what you think his intentions were or what you think he should have, or should not have done. All you have control over is how you behave, how you react and the image you project. Trying to justify behaving badly because you've decided someone else behaved badly is something you're supposed to outgrow at age 13.

"It" has nothing to do with the A-11 Offense, "it" has to do with how you are behaving in your opposition to something, that just happens to be the A-11 Offense. Anything Coach Bryan does, that you are upset with, IS ON HIM. What he does, or doesn't do, is his responsibility and reflects on him.

"It" has to do with how YOU want yourself perceived by other professional adults who share an avocation with you. Blowing off steam or answering what you consider a cheap shot with another, perhaps even cheaper shot doesn't require any skill. We're all born with the ability to be vindictive and petty, what counts is how well we learn to control those negative instincts and talk ourselves out of responding to them as we mature.

I've already done my part, completed my responsibility to watch your back. I've explained, as tactfully as I can, more often than I was required to do and tried my best to alert some colleagues that they had crossed a civility line and are making fools out of themselves acting like angry teenagers with axes to grind. The rest is up to them (you) whether you want to consider what you've been told, and how you are presenting yourselves, and whether you decide to adjust or simply choose to ignore it (almost like being evaluated on the field).
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

ajmc,

It is clear that you are your zebra friend; do not know a thing about the people you are talking about. And what you have told everyone about yourself, you also know very little about professionalism or what it takes to get ahead in this thing we call officiating. It is clear you know nothing about me or what I have done in an officiating uniform. It is clear you know nothing about Kurt or the other people that have criticized him or his words. It is clear you do not know the previous conversations and you have admitted you do not know those things.

Also civility is not about letting people say what they want without being challenged. If I say something that I cannot back up or verify somewhere, people here will challenge me. It still happens from time to time when talking about all kinds of topics. I do not get offended or upset. If that bothers you, this place is not going to be for you. And unlike you I use my real name and tell people where I live and my background. So when I say something it is from a place where people can verify my comments. All you are doing is running your mouth and you have not told us anything about yourself or your real name, but you want to come here and preach to use what should or should not happen here. Not only are you a rookie on the field, you are a rookie on this site.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:09pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra295 View Post

"Its unfortunate to think that individuals this vengeful and vicious are officiating games with young adults, then at the same time spewing their hate on the Internet for any of these young adults to see. Are you too small minded to get it? The underage players and parents on coach Bryan's team can easily find this forum on Google and be reading this trash!
So what? We may give them our views on someone who has made himself a very public figure?

If I officiated in California in the conference this coach worked, I'd keep my mouth shut. But I don't. And this guy is one nonstop commercial for this offense and he's avoided the one main question many of us keep asking:

"What's the intended purpose of the numbering exception?"

Why don't YOU answer that question?

I haven't seen the A-11, just worked teams that played against it (and blew those teams out). I know how I'd handle it -- I'd work the game and flag every illegal shift, illegal motion, and anything else illegal I saw. Even if it means flagging 20 of them in a game (if the team wasn't disciplined to not commit those fouls). If you're going to run something like this, it had better be 100% right, every play.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
It also bears noting that Coach Bryan came here seeking opinions. I did not go looking for him.

Last edited by waltjp; Mon Jan 05, 2009 at 03:18pm.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
If you're going to run something like this, it had better be 100% right, every play.
This was the very thing we were told to do in our state by our head rules interpreter and Kurt tried to misrepresent my state's position. I guess you cannot make that point without being seen as uncivil.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

~Sigh~

Posts #1 and #2 in this thread tie for the dumbest posts ever made on the internet.

Regards,
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:27pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
This was the very thing we were told to do in our state by our head rules interpreter and Kurt tried to misrepresent my state's position. I guess you cannot make that point without being seen as uncivil.

Peace
It's cause we're "picking on them." Never mind that we flag all the illegal shifts and motions on the other teams.

This, as all things, will pass - one way or the other.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:40pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
I have no interest in preaching anything to you, asdf, because I'm really not sure if it would accomplish anything. You still don't get it. I don't know if that's because you just don't want to get it, or you're not bright enough to understand what "it" actually is.
It doesn't matter what Coach Bryan said, what you think his intentions were or what you think he should have, or should not have done. All you have control over is how you behave, how you react and the image you project. Trying to justify behaving badly because you've decided someone else behaved badly is something you're supposed to outgrow at age 13.

Hmmm...so ajmc posts that everyone should treat everyone respectfully, and then follows up with this personal attack on asdf.

Pot meet kettle...kettle, pot.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have no interest in preaching anything to you,
Then you proceed to preach 5 paragraphs on what "it" is.

Quote:
I don't know if that's because you just don't want to get it, or you're not bright enough to understand what "it" actually is.
Name calling, viscious insults??? I now see what "it" is.......

"It" (you) (are) is a hypocrite.

Do as I say, not as I do..... I guess you are not worried that the kids that google this thread may see that.

This is too easy, I'm done with you.... Feel freee to get the last shot in.

Consider yourself................ exposed......... again........
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry Jaybird, false.

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to circle back and address a couple issues with you. First off, this discussion addresses certain behavior deemed reprehensible by many of your colleagues and this discussion is not at your beckoning call to go away. The best way to eliminate this type of topic is simply to behave.

I also wanted to respond to your earlier reply about supposed infractions on the A-11 video, "Upon close video study, numerous IDF, IM, IS and IF fouls are evident". So, heres a question: If you don't want to see Kurt Bryan on your officials discussion forums, why do you keep spreading false information about the A-11 offense? The arrogance of this this comment is unbelieveable and a downright insult to the officials who worked that game. In making this statement you are basically accusing the crew of incompetence for missing "all these calls" that you are supposedly seeing on the video, even though they were working the game in person. This a major area for football in the country and it’s a fact the officials have competently managed the 22 A-11 games properly and without issue. Per the 50 year veteran head of official in the area, it's not an issue! Get over it! To keep spreading these false misconceptions only makes you look stupid in the face of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Once again, another example of more insulting behavior towards other officials.

For the rest of you, good work in continuing to miss the point and solidifying my position.

Last edited by zebra295; Mon Jan 05, 2009 at 04:47pm.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 04:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra295 View Post
I also wanted to respond to your earlier reply about supposed infractions on the A-11 video, "Upon close video study, numerous IDF, IM, IS and IF fouls are evident". So, heres a question: If you don't want to see Kurt Bryan on your officials discussion forums, why do you keep spreading false information about the A-11 offense? The arrogance of this this comment is unbelieveable and a downright insult to the officials who worked that game. In making this statement you are basically accusing the crew of incompetence for missing "all these calls" that you are supposedly seeing on the video, even though they were working the game in person. This a major area for football in the country and it’s a fact the officials have competently managed the 22 A-11 games properly and without issue. Per the 50 year veteran head of official in the area, it's not an issue! Get over it! To keep spreading these false misconceptions only makes you look stupid in the face of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Once again, another example of more insulting behavior towards other officials.

For the rest of you, good work in continuing to miss the point and solidifying my position.
How in the hell do you know what issues officials may or may not have with a particular team or offense? I worked the offense and I personally called several penalties for players not lining up properly or going downfield when they were not supposed to. Are you trying to say that this offense or players running it never got a penalty? What is your definition of "issues?" And if someone did have issues, what the heck does that have to do with anything said here.

You have got to be one of the dumbest officials (which it is becoming clear you are not an official) I have ever talked to, if you believe that someone cannot watch a tape and see mistakes made by the officiating crew. We discuss plays all the time that were seen on tape those plays and comment all the time on whether the officials were in position or if the official made a mistake in not catching a penalty. That happens all the time in my state alone with state finals games. I am sure I will be on tape about something come summer time. If anyone is arrogant in this discussion it is you. Considering you seem to not know basic discussions that we have here or that we cannot comment on something or someone that keeps coming here (You do not see us going to coach's websites to talk about this issue now do you?). And I know you are going to accuse me of character assassination of you because I am commenting on your very words and obvious lack of how things work when people share opinions.

Dude, you are not going to change the things people say. If Kurt does not like what people say on this board, then he better not come here time and time again (All you need is the "Dr. Official" and I would know it was you Kurt). And it is not out of bounds ever to comment on an offense that skirts the rules or someone needs to write a paper to justify why the rules should be changed. And if this was not an issue, the NF would not have sent out surveys asking officials what we think of a rules change to mirror the other levels that clearly outlaw such an offense.

Get over it, go away. Take your little rants to coach's boards where they care about this issue. And the more and more you keep talking about this, the more and more you are not going not have people in the room to keep this rule the same. It looks like you are trying to campaign for an election rather than deal with the facts of the rules or why people have problems with the rules.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 04:56pm
Official Forum Member

Oh Rutledge Dude

You still don't get it. Its about the insutling behavior of naming a discussion in a potentially libelous manner and other officials treating anyone who doesn't share their opinions in an un-gentlemanly tone. Its not about the A-11, dude! It's about people being so arrogant they keep mis-representing reality at the expense of fellow officials, to satisfy the crushing of an individual. Its about giving officials a bad name for trying to trash the name of a high school coach. Its about "the internet is forever". That's what this is all about, dude. If you have $50K to blow on defending yourself from a libel suit, whether your win or not, be my guest.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 05:03pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Rut, I lost track. Did he ever quote something you said that was specifically out of line?
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 05:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Rut, I lost track. Did he ever quote something you said that was specifically out of line?
No he did not. I am still waiting.

Peace