View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

I have no interest in preaching anything to you, asdf, because I'm really not sure if it would accomplish anything. You still don't get it. I don't know if that's because you just don't want to get it, or you're not bright enough to understand what "it" actually is.

It doesn't matter what Coach Bryan said, what you think his intentions were or what you think he should have, or should not have done. All you have control over is how you behave, how you react and the image you project. Trying to justify behaving badly because you've decided someone else behaved badly is something you're supposed to outgrow at age 13.

"It" has nothing to do with the A-11 Offense, "it" has to do with how you are behaving in your opposition to something, that just happens to be the A-11 Offense. Anything Coach Bryan does, that you are upset with, IS ON HIM. What he does, or doesn't do, is his responsibility and reflects on him.

"It" has to do with how YOU want yourself perceived by other professional adults who share an avocation with you. Blowing off steam or answering what you consider a cheap shot with another, perhaps even cheaper shot doesn't require any skill. We're all born with the ability to be vindictive and petty, what counts is how well we learn to control those negative instincts and talk ourselves out of responding to them as we mature.

I've already done my part, completed my responsibility to watch your back. I've explained, as tactfully as I can, more often than I was required to do and tried my best to alert some colleagues that they had crossed a civility line and are making fools out of themselves acting like angry teenagers with axes to grind. The rest is up to them (you) whether you want to consider what you've been told, and how you are presenting yourselves, and whether you decide to adjust or simply choose to ignore it (almost like being evaluated on the field).