LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 04, 2005, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry, I mis-read the question
Old Thu Aug 04, 2005, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef

Bottom line: The NF has the answer as true. Don't overthink the question when taking their exam. It will get you into trouble every time.
Are you sure the key has it as true. This exact question was #18 on the Part 1 test last year and I answered it false and got it correct.

Furthermore, I don't believe a person is reading too much into this by answering it false. There's a big difference between "during the down" and "end of the kick". For example, R88 is blocking gunner K87 when the punter kicks a high short punt to the sideline. Seeing this, R88 releases K87 and calls for a fair catch. Perfectly legal and the person who gave the FC signal blocked "during the down".
Old Thu Aug 04, 2005, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

How about instead it's a poorly worded question where the intent by the author was to make it true?
That, in my humble opinion, is constantly a problem with the NFHS tests. There are a number of questions where you have to read "intent" into what they are getting at rather than just evaluating the question. For example, the already much discussed #2.
But I also don't worry about it too much, because even with missing the f'd up questions, it's possible to pass the test. You guys don't have to score 100%, do you? It's better to known how the ruling goes on the field than in the fairy land of the NFHS test and it seems most here have that down.