The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 02, 2015, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
Probably ... I can't see how this could happen otherwise. Official should be trailing the play, on the side closer to the opponents basket than the thrower is. An official who doesn't know what side of the thrower to administer the throw in probably has no clue about the rule involving a delay in returning to the court.
Well, he was on the wrong side, then. I was curious about that. Thanks.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2015, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I may or may not depending on the play.

If the player throws the ball in and the play is 20 feet ahead of him and he lazily trots down the sideline (OOB) and eventually comes back in such that he is no part of the play, I'm not calling anything.

On the other hand, if there is a throwin on the endline and the player runs across the endline after throwing the ball in and pops inbounds to receive a return pass for an open shot....getting that.

The case/rule talks about "Purposely and/or deceitfully". If I don't see a purpose or deceit in the player's actions, no T. Lazy or sloppy is not purposeful or deceitful.
When I was watching, that was my thinking. No deceit. No advantage gained. It just looked really bad. You could say lazy/sloppy.