The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 29, 2015, 06:41pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I wonder what she said to get the second T.
"Nice call, Fatso."
Old Thu Jan 29, 2015, 07:04pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
Nor does anyone acknowledge #24 white slamming the ball in disgust...a guaranteed T there as well. This just makes the entire crew look BAD all around. I'm kind of surprised the governing body even saw fit to post it.

And I disagree with the headline of the web post...Poor mechanics didn't cause the ejection...I'd say poor game management was more to blame.
Causes <> Results

The end result of the officials mistakes was a coach's ejection. That is how my supervisor would characterize it also.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2015, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Causes <> Results

The end result of the officials mistakes was a coach's ejection. That is how my supervisor would characterize it also.
I tend to agree. Yes, could the coach keep a calm head? Sure. But I'd venture a large majority of coaches would end up getting a T here.

Do we miss calls sometimes....even if we're doing everything we should? Yup. But it's going to be hard for any supervisor to back his officials when a call is missed due to the absolute failure in the basic mechanics of the system.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Jan 29, 2015, 11:25pm
AremRed

1. I've got a common foul. Defender is a bit too aggressive and follows through with her swim move to front the player, but I don't see windup or impact. The girl goes flying cuz she's 70 pounds.

2. Really curious what the first whistle was. Looks like C is coming in with a late foul.

3. White #24 slamming the ball needs to be addressed one way or the other. Not really sure why she's slamming the ball down but there's no need for that.

4. Give the first T and get away. Don't go to the table right away if you have to go past the coach.

5. Technical foul on that dude's moustache.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 12:00am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post

2. Really curious what the first whistle was. Looks like C is coming in with a late foul.

3. White #24 slamming the ball needs to be addressed one way or the other. Not really sure why she's slamming the ball down but there's no need for that.

That wasn't his fist, that was glare off of his head.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 12:12am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
That wasn't his fist, that was glare off of his head.
Yeah I guess that would be asking too much. It's nice to see a college referee having so much restraint with the second T though...
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 12:39am
Do not give a damn!!

I do not know what this official was watching. At the very least call something on someone.

And if you are going to call a T, you do not need to look at them when doing it. Just make the call and keep it moving.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 12:45am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not know what this official was watching. At the very least call something on someone.

And if you are going to call a T, you do not need to look at them when doing it. Just make the call and keep it moving.

Peace
3-person, it's so easy. Call the technical and go get the ball and shoot the free throws. Do not stop at the table, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Or if the shots are at the end with the coach who just got whacked, go straight to the division line and let your partners administer the free throws.

Too many guys want to call one and then stick around. Why? Hoping the coach says something else so you can chunk him?
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It's nice to see a college referee having so much restraint with the second T though...
I know you're being sarcastic overall, but what makes you think he's a college official? His choice to purchase a shirt with side panels?
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

In NCAA women's mechanics the Lead has responsibility for that corner. Having said that we pregame that the Lead will not leave a competative match up in the post to pick up the deep corner. In that scenario the Trail needs to recognize that the Lead can't get to the corner and needs to pick it up.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 01:52pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
1. I've got a common foul. Defender is a bit too aggressive and follows through with her swim move to front the player, but I don't see windup or impact. The girl goes flying cuz she's 70 pounds.

4. Give the first T and get away. Don't go to the table right away if you have to go past the coach.

5. Technical foul on that dude's moustache.

The ball "slam" was nothing I'd bother with, to be honest. Not like it went 20 feet in the air and there was more important stuff to do.

(Like ejecting the coach and playing Captain Kangaroo at the town picnic apparently....)
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

I didn't realize Mr. Moneybags the Monopoly guy was officiating basketball these days.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Don't disagree with the headline either.

The mechanics (whether it be missing rough post play or the horrible mechanics of an exaggerated T signal right in the coaches face or the poor mechanics of not getting away from the coach and letting your partner(s) get the second T if necessary) did absolutely cause that ejection.

The coach's actions deserved a single T. That's it.
The second T (and ejection) only happened because of poor mechanics.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMN View Post
I didn't realize Mr. Moneybags the Monopoly guy was officiating basketball these days.
He took a real hit in real estate in late 00's (is that how we identify that decade?).
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Nice biased headline. F you, OHSAA Basketball Officials website.

Poor mechanics resulting in an ejection of the coach ... my backside.

Does the coach have a gripe? Heck yeah. Do the refs need to stop ball hawking? Heck yeah.

But it was "Coach loses her $hi+ resulting in an ejection of the coach"
Actually, the headline has it EXACTLY right!!!! Not only did the official exhibit poor mechanics, he displayed a total inability to deal w/ a coach and handle the situation. Did I mentioned he assessed two T's in less than :04?

If the assignor is any good, THAT official won't work in that league for a LOOOOONG time....