The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 26, 2015, 09:39am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I actually have him traveling twice. Right after he catches the ball he slides his left foot, which is then used as his pivot foot; when he makes the 180 spin trying to get out of trouble, both feet come off the ground.

But even taking that out of the equation, I do not see how the Trail can see through the 2 bodies in front of him, and then also through the back of the defender who is guarding A1.
Yup, the first travel happens a bit before the second one happened (and got called).

Look at the sequence here (which I think was officiated well) and the end of Northern Iowa / Illinois State on which a block/charge that needed a whistle had none as the clock expired. Two videos I'm going to use at an association meeting on Wednesday night...one great end-of-game and one...not so great.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2015, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

1. Three borderline travels in a row. Each on their own I might pass on or miss but in this series you've got get 1 of them.
A) Player catches and lands right left. CHanges Pivot foot to left.
B) On spin move foot pivot foot moves to an entirely new spot.
C) Ball is not out of hand before back foot it lifted.

2. Hard from camera angles but appears to be foul. Would like a better angle for me and a better angle from official.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!
Old Mon Jan 26, 2015, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
1. I don't see a travel. His left foot was the pivot and he pivoted several times but I don't see that it ever came up before he released the dribble. Even if it did, I think the foul happened first.

2. Good call.
I find myself agreeing with Camron a lot recently.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2015, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
1. Travel. I suppose this is what they went with given that the next clip started with the end of a WVU possession a few seconds later? If so, that was the right decision, mainly because the T was far-reaching (not sure why) into an area that the C was staying very well connected to.

2. Foul with 0.9. Excellent call. Reviewing this at the monitor, does the crew go with the moment of contact or the moment the official signals? I assume the contact but I'm not exactly sure how this works.
-----NOTE: If this were an NFHS game, unless an official has definite knowledge by seeing a few ticks fall off after the whistle, these free throws would be shot with the lane cleared. Oh the drama!
In NCAA games with a monitor, the time at which the contact occurs is used. For NFHS you are correct.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2015, 05:18pm

Foul with .9 left. Would have liked to see the lead hit it a little harder than that though.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2015, 12:07am
Barely $.02 cents worth

Man, they had some plays/situations in this game where both coaches were on the floor to have some serious conversations with officials. . .

But to the plays. . .

1) Travel - good call - and the player knew it.

2) Foul call at 0.9 - solid, but his presentation was way too casual where it just seemed like he was going through the motions. What didn't help that situation was where the trail turns around immediately as if he's expecting TCU's coach to go berserk on what was an obvious play. . .

Meanwhile, back to the coaches for a second. . .

Before they went to OT, there was an end of game situation where Huggins' bipolar episode gene flared up again and he was like 8 feet on the floor, unleashing a 1-2 minute tirade on the stripes and they did nothing. . .not even a warning.

Move over to Johnson at TCU and how in the world does the center not assess a T to TCU's coach for walking to midcourt while the ball is live on the floor? That was just ridiculous. . .

I understand emotions and all that but in my opinion, that was insane. While the ball is in the air before a player even touches he's like 10-15 feet on the floor already. . .

Just my barely $.02 cents worth