Old Tue Oct 15, 2013, 04:31am
Official Forum Member

..."if I have to have my shirt tucked in...so do you!"
Richland, WA
Old Tue Oct 15, 2013, 07:47am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
3-3-5: A player not wearing the pants/skirt properly and above the hips and/or a player not tucking in a team jersey (front and back) designed to be worn inside the pants/skirt, shall be directed to leave the game as in 3-3-4; a charged TO shall not alter this requirement.

I can see how the wording of this can mean if you ask someone to tuck in their shirt and they don't, then you direct them to leave the game. I can also read it the other way.

I am really ok with either one and with the suggestions already mentioned that if one or two reminders don't fix the problem then send them out. I do bet however that if you sent out the first person who did it in the game you wouldn't have any issues for the rest of that game and if all of the officials did it, you wouldn't have any issues ever. Except when the opposing team learns that if they untuck the star players shirt they will have to sit If it was enforced early and often, the issue would disappear altogether. Go John Stockton!!!
Sure, you'd have no problems with it the rest of the game. You'd also start seeing your games get progressively worse (the assignments) as you became known as "that guy." You'll have rule backing, but you really don't want to be a lone ranger on this issue.
Old Wed Oct 16, 2013, 03:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Sure, you'd have no problems with it the rest of the game. You'd also start seeing your games get progressively worse (the assignments) as you became known as "that guy." You'll have rule backing, but you really don't want to be a lone ranger on this issue.
Not necessarily. There are some assignors who expect their officials to take care of it that way. Can't imagine their schedules getting worse for doing what the assignor asks.
Old Wed Oct 16, 2013, 05:30am
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Agree with the lone ranger thing.
Old Wed Oct 16, 2013, 07:45am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Not necessarily. There are some assignors who expect their officials to take care of it that way. Can't imagine their schedules getting worse for doing what the assignor asks.
Fair enough. I've never heard of such an assigner, but I'm sure they're out there. I know exactly how that phone call would go with any of the assigners I've ever worked for, though.
Old Wed Oct 16, 2013, 07:57am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
That is true but not a lot of assignors probably do not care about the technical nature of the rule application. I know that many assignors want us to address this, but not necessarily send guys out of the game the first time they have to tuck their shirt in.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 16, 2013, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Seems to be a boy issue more than a girl issue. I just tell the boys" the girls in the crowd don't dig the sloppy look".

Works every time.