Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Apr 03, 2013, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I would not compare Bobby Knight to Rice on any level For one Knight was only accused of one incident and acted like most coaches at the time. And most of all Knight won 3 titles. Rice cannot even win the Big East Conference Title and is seen in multiple situations throwing stuff at players and hitting them in the head with a basketball. Also it does not help that he called them gay slurs. Not even close.

Peace
Bobby Knight has made plenty of inappropriate comments. One that comes to mind is one he made when being interviewed by Connie Chung. He was talking about some perceived bad calls made by officials and he said, ""I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it." Women's groups were outraged. If he said that on a national telecast that he knew that everyone would see, I can only imagine what he said off camera. I think that if Bobby Knight's Indiana career had been when everyone had a video camera on their phone, we would have seen similar footage to the Rutgers incident. And who cares how many wins he had...... that is completely irrelevant to this topic about how kids are treated.