The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 04, 2013, 11:17am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
All of this (book checking and verification) is local.
Not everything is local, some things are personal. I do this but no mandate from anyone to do this. I also do this and make sure the coach reviews this so they can correct any silly mistake. And fortunately in the last few years that I have been doing this, I have prevented several Ts that would have been given if we went with what was in the book. But not everyone does this or is even advocated by a group or evaluator. It was suggested by people I respect and thought I would try it. Been doing it ever since.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 04, 2013, 12:19pm
Often wrong never n doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Not everything is local, some things are personal. I do this but no mandate from anyone to do this. I also do this and make sure the coach reviews this so they can correct any silly mistake. And fortunately in the last few years that I have been doing this, I have prevented several Ts that would have been given if we went with what was in the book. But not everyone does this or is even advocated by a group or evaluator. It was suggested by people I respect and thought I would try it. Been doing it ever since.

Peace
I agree. No one has ever told me to do this but I've got nothing else really going on at this time so if I can help make a cleaner start to the game I think it is worth while.
Old Sat Jan 05, 2013, 06:23pm
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

Peace
Happened to me yesterday.
The official scorer missed a name while transcribing from the visiting teams book. The numbers were off. Glad I caught it so that we didn't have to deal with it later.
Old Sat Jan 05, 2013, 07:05pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
Happened to me yesterday.
The official scorer missed a name while transcribing from the visiting teams book. The numbers were off. Glad I caught it so that we didn't have to deal with it later.
While it's definitely better to catch it sooner than later, this would not have been a T later, either.
Old Sat Jan 05, 2013, 07:40pm
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
While it's definitely better to catch it sooner than later, this would not have been a T later, either.
I suppose you are right.