The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 17, 2005, 07:50pm
Official Forum Member

Fellows:
I am working on a project that will take me 6 months or so and I need your Officiating stories. Baseball is my priority. However, any sport will be OK.

I am looking for Funny, Strange, Sad, Something that touched you heart, Confrontations (Players, Parents, Coaches, etc...), Glad.

Basically ANYTHING that that stands out in your mind that you would like to share. It can be long or short...but if there is detail...I would like to have as much detail as you can provide. You may send in as many as you desire.

My goal is 1000 stories....So PLEASE feel free to pass this on to other "Blues/Stripes".

You can change the names of the teams, players, location, etc...if you feel you need to....
I am after only good stories about mainly Youth Sports.
You may contact me directly at: bcrtech at sbcglobal dot net

Thank you,
Sam
Dallas, Texas
Old Fri Jun 17, 2005, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Cool

You state that you are doing a "project". What exactly
is this project? Is it a paper for school,or perhaps
a for-profit venture?It really makes no difference to me,
I just feel that those who contribute should be made aware
of where their stories are going.

(Edited to correct a spelling error.)
Old Sat Jun 18, 2005, 08:05am
Official Forum Member

Pssst,

Tee whispers: "Hey Sam, you can pay to join this site and read ALL my stories."
Old Sat Jun 18, 2005, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Talking Re: I need your stories !!!!

Sam:

Why don't you do what most Texans do...make them up.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: I need your stories !!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Sam:

Why don't you do what most Texans do...make them up.
Garth,

You mean there is no "Smitty" in real life?

I'm going back to using my indicator.

Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drumbum565
K I got a story for you.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> So this is my first year umpiring so im doing some easy games such as first year kid pitch. I mean Balks arnted even called cause there is no stealling and there is also a five runs per inning so there cant be a huge lead it keeps the game close. Well about the 4th inning the pitcher for team A throws about 3 batters worth of strait balls but the coach leaves him in hopeing he can recover by next inning since he dosent have to bat. well they score 1 or 2 when they are at bat but the inning ends (on 3 outs not on five runs). So they go back out on the feild for the top of the fifth and apparently the center feilder with out the coach noticing took a ball out with him and didnt throw it back in when my partner yelled "balls in". So the pitcher starts to pitch and he makes some what of a recovery but walks the first batter on a 3-2 pitch so i take my position between first and second (im umpiring at first opps i for got to tell you that). and while im doing this the center feilder Who has good aim runs up like hes going to talk to the second basemen and with the pitchers head turned he beams the pitcher in the back of the head from about 30 with about a 70 mile an hour fastball (i found out after the game he was a pitcher too). From that moment on Hell broke lose on that feild. Both benches cleared all 4 coaches and the 2 manigers of the 2 teams storm out on to the feild. The maniger of team A stroms twords the kid shouting and arangment of curse words and such "you mother F***ing Ba****d get the f*** out of here and don"t F***ing come back you little ba****d" so the center feilder procceeds to attempt to get out of there but for him unfortuneatly the only way to get off the feild (asside from jumping the 15 foot fence) is to go through one of the 2 dugouts and since his stuff was in his he made the mistake of entering his dugout. With about 15 teammates being forced in the dugout by one of the coaches the idiot runns right in to the dugout and they all pounce on him throwing gatorade on him hitting them with there gloves it crazy eventualy the kid made it out preaty beat up but with all his stuff, his mother then grabs him and starts cuusing at the coach and the coach cusses back then running off with about 5 players chaseing after them. after about a minute you here there tire screaching and leaving the complex at about 90 miles an hour. So, so far there hasnt been any ejections by us though the coach ejected one of his own players and it had just begun. By this time the mothere of the kid who got hit has made it out on to the feild and she is storming twords her son the homeplate umpire then decides this is time to put my foot down and he begines to tell the lady to calm down everything is all right, then she exclaims " I will not calm down that is my son god d*** it" then boom the foots droped the home plate umpire screams "you out of here" the mother now in tears tring to get to her son is restrained by the security gaurds. While the coach is starting to get in control of him self he starts talking to the other coach " what did i do i cant believe i said all those things in front of those kids in front of my kids" he then goes over to the priority of the situation the pitcher who has been lieing there now for about 5 minutes with nobody paying attention to him. He then gets to his feet with thunderus applause. The coach insiting on takeing him out the pitcher tell the coach to leave him in. With the situation defusing the home plate umpire is told by the security gaurd what its like to be a mother with your child in danger so he eventualy appoigises to her and unejects her (i dont think you can do that but oh well) and the game continued with the pitcher throwing a great game after that and eventualy winning the game by one point. So as it turned out the one person whos shouldnt have been thrown out was and the coach, the player that hit the pitcher ,his mom, the bench, at least 5 or 6 fans,and manny more didnt get thrown out. all i can say is at the time only the home plate umpire could eject some one other wise i would have ejected half the people. Now be cause of that game they went back to the fediration way of any umpire could eject so there you go you like that story.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Wow, thats unbelievable.

All in one breath too.

Little Smitty exists.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

yep my first and best umpire story
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by drumbum565
yep my first and best umpire story
If I may, you should invest in a grammar book. Hodges' Harbrace College Handbook was popular when I was in school. You can learn all kinds of neat things such as punctuation and the proper use of nouns, pronouns and adjectives. As for spelling, just get a dictionary. http://www.dictionary.com works wonders if you are into the "paperless" concept.

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:38pm
Official Forum Member

Dude I know proper gramer, I just was in a hurry so I didn't bother. I mean i wrote all of that in about three minutes so I could get to my uncle's Fathers Day party.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Dude I know proper gramer, I just was in a hurry so I didn't bother. I mean i wrote all of that in about three minutes so I could get to my uncle's Fathers Day party.
I'm going to leave that ^ alone. Tahe, tahehe.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Wow, thats unbelievable.

All in one breath too.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 09:02am
Official Forum Member

Un-believe-able is also the word that comes to mind.

One question - you mention you are PU ("I decide it's time to put my foot down"), and then 2 sentences later refer to PU's actions in the 3rd person (he unejects her, didn't know you could do that...).

Were you the PU or not?
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 09:17am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
He said that the umpire finally decided. He worded it funny, but he was just an observer.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Your uncle's your father? That would make your sister your cousin, not just your girlfriend. This all makes your posts much more understandable.

Do you play the banjo?