The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

It's next to impossible to give an opinion on something like this, because we have no idea what was said to whom, when and how. That being said, I liked the way Hess walked Pitino back to his bench area rather than overreacting at the scorer's table.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 01:46pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio View Post
I disagree, but hey, there is no right way to manage this.

What if Hess walks back to Pitino and he goes nuts and we have to toss him? I think we go looking for trouble if we head over there during an extremely emotional situation. If we ever do have to toss the coach, IMO it is always best that a different crew member issue the second T.
Hess didn't "walk back" to Pitino...Pitino was at the table chewing on Hess and Hess ushered him back to his box, pointed out the box, and then walked away. So I'm really not sure what you are talking about in your post...
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 01:49pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Hess didn't "walk back" to Pitino...Pitino was at the table chewing on Hess and Hess ushered him back to his box, pointed out the box, and then walked away. ...
That's how I saw it. Guys I work for want coaches who are out of the box addressed. Doesn't have to be a Tech or a formal warning, but they want it addressed so the HC is clear as to our expectations.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
That's how I saw it. Guys I work for want coaches who are out of the box addressed. Doesn't have to be a Tech or a formal warning, but they want it addressed so the HC is clear as to our expectations.
Same here, but I'm wondering why Hess was at the table in the first place? He stuck RP from the f/c endline
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 03:27pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Same here, but I'm wondering why Hess was at the table in the first place? He stuck RP from the f/c endline
Making sure the table knew the correct procedure for handling a personal foul and a T???
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 03:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio View Post
I disagree, but hey, there is no right way to manage this.

What if Hess walks back to Pitino and he goes nuts and we have to toss him? I think we go looking for trouble if we head over there during an extremely emotional situation. If we ever do have to toss the coach, IMO it is always best that a different crew member issue the second T.
If he gets toss that is on Pitino. I do not blame Hess for that at all. And Pitino came to him. Remember we have to report the foul and probably had a situation where he had to explain something to the table, as we know they often get things screwed up. We need to get rid of that silly standard that only another person can give the second T (and I still am not sure that Hess was the person that called the original T). If a coach is disrespectful and says the right things and does the right things, he needs to go regardless of who is there to hear or see the actions.

Peace