The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 10:32pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoInZebra View Post
oh look, it's Mike Kitts working in Dayton tonight.
No shock there. Wonder where he'll be Thursday.
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 10:37pm
Get away from me, Steve.

He just badly missed one on a sideline, though -- that player wasn't close to being OOB.
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmoney View Post
He just called a clear charge a block
Not to pile on but he just called an OOB on the sideline from at least 20 feet away where the players foot was very clearly in bounds.
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPthink View Post
He just badly missed one on a sideline, though -- that player wasn't close to being OOB.
He must think he's still working the Big 10 tourney...

Another missed call by Kitts? I'm not saying'...I'm just sayin.
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Kitts STILL didn't make it to the baseline as the new lead - remember he was trail from calling the previous foul

Wouldn't that make him the C? Don't they call and go opposite the table in NCAA-M? Or was it the previous foul not a shooting foul but a sideline throw-in opposite the table?
You are correct, they report & go opposite. He was lead opposite table; called foul & became me trail. On turnover, he went from old trail to new lead....
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
First, your description of the continuation play still does not determine Mike was wrong. It could be how you're describing the play. Or it could be your lack of rule knowledge. But, as you describe it, if the IL player had one foot on the floor at the time of the gather, the player traveled after the foul which would wipe of the shot attempt. So, it's either a communication issue or lack of rules knowledge on your part, whether or not we actually see the play.
when does the act of shooting begin?
Old Tue Mar 13, 2012, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Didnt watch entire game but Kitts looked fine to me other than the miss on the oob call.

Unbelievable comeback by BYU.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 12:13am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
Didnt watch entire game but Kitts looked fine to me other than the miss on the oob call.

Unbelievable comeback by BYU.
Same thing I thought.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 08:27am
Courageous When Prudent

It was very amusing watching the contrast in styles of Mike Kitts and Sean Corbin. Corbin has to be the most unaffected, coolest official in the NCAA.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 08:46am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
It was very amusing watching the contrast in styles of Mike Kitts and Sean Corbin. Corbin has to be the most unaffected, coolest official in the NCAA.
I agree. He was that way in the NBA, too. Does anyone here know why Sean left the NBA?
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
when does the act of shooting begin?
NCAA 4-73-3.

But that's not the question. You said in your initial post that he wiped off a good layup. Upon further questioning, your backing is that the player took 2 steps between the foul and the layup. As you described, that's neither a good or bad call, without additional information. Someone who understands the rules would know to supply that information so that it's easier for the rest us to follow your reasoning.

The same with the Sullinger play - you have yet to respond to the specifics as to why it was only Mike's bad no-call, and why the rest of the crew was not responsible.

If you notice, I haven't given my opinion as to whether Mike had a bad night. But your descriptions of the plays tend to make me believe the opinions come from a less than knowledgeable source. Maybe it's just how you communicate?

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 09:23am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
I agree. He was that way in the NBA, too. Does anyone here know why Sean left the NBA?
Heard from a pretty reliable source that he got a very nice early retirement package (as did Joe Derosa) and that he preferred the control he has over his own schedule at the NCAA level. Also that all he has to do now is work a game then move onto the next game instead of dealing with all the red tape and postgame accountability involved with being an NBA official.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 02:44pm
Huck Finn

All of the mistakes mentioned in this thread can happen to all of us...in a gym with 10 people watching. As was mentioned previously, to say that someone making more money should get plays right is absurd.

I would like to see some of these critics work.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 05:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
BNR - I like respect many of your opinions and I was wondering if you viewed Corbin's style as cool or apathetic as compared to Scott Foster (#48) in the NBA who looks like he OD on 5 hr energy drinks.....

Somtimes Corbin looks as though he is freakin bored and doesn't want to be there.....

BTW - also heard that Corbin wasn't happy with his post season assignments as he felt he wasn't moving up the ladder fast enough
Old Wed Mar 14, 2012, 08:06pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
BNR - I like respect many of your opinions and I was wondering if you viewed Corbin's style as cool or apathetic as compared to Scott Foster (#48) in the NBA who looks like he OD on 5 hr energy drinks.....

Somtimes Corbin looks as though he is freakin bored and doesn't want to be there.....
I'm sure he is not apathetic but I could see how it might be interpreted as such. I don't think I could get away with it, at least not on plays in which I'm involved. But I do like it when he is the off-official and he is just observing the court while his partners tend to business.