The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 04, 2012, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

I can think of no other interpretation for "we have to be mindful of who we are calling it against".
Old Sun Mar 04, 2012, 04:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
I can think of no other interpretation for "we have to be mindful of who we are calling it against".
Yes there is. You can know who you are calling a foul on and not give anyone a break. Heck I watch all the time who is guarding the best players and what they are doing to stop them. This happen to us on Friday where it was clear the opponent was holding, grabbing and being physical to prevent the best player from getting the ball in the post. This is why I do not trust news paper quotes that were not elaborated on as the final conclusion.

Peace
Old Sun Mar 04, 2012, 04:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Maybe in a few more years, you will.
Old Sun Mar 04, 2012, 09:01pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Well, you've given no information as to what the official(s) did on the play so all I can say is that it sounds like something I've heard coaches say before.
Sorry about that. The official told a coach, "I didn't call it on _____ because that would have been his fourth foul." He said this to the player's coach in the second half. Because the coach was on the other end of the court he said it loud enough that the other coach could have easily heard it. I hope that makes more sense.
Old Sun Mar 04, 2012, 09:51pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Sorry about that. The official told a coach, "I didn't call it on _____ because that would have been his fourth foul." He said this to the player's coach in the second half. Because the coach was on the other end of the court he said it loud enough that the other coach could have easily heard it. I hope that makes more sense.
Well then, yes that would have a problem.
Old Sun Mar 04, 2012, 10:40pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Well then, yes that would have a problem.
Yeah, wow.