Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

and I appreciate you for that sir!
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 03:33pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
BNR & rocky, you guys are right!
I'll make the necessary adjustments effective immediately.
Right? Maybe...what I do know is this:

You are me a "few" years ago. I cost myself the opportunity to move to "the next level" because I didn't know when to shut the hell up.

If I can help someone else not make that same mistake, I will try to do that.
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Less is more, right. Sorry to hear about your mishap but thank you for being man enough to show me where improvement is needed in my communication!
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
You're assuming we need him.
I think he'd put mr smarty pants in his place.

Jurassic was always the voice of reason to me.
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 04:34pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
I'm sorry, but LOL @ this...this smacks of a partner that NEVER, EVER wants an official to call in his primary area.

APG:

You didn't read what I said. I do not have a problem with a partner who officiates Off The Ball (OfTB) out of his PCA. When there are ten players on the court and the game is being officiated by a Two-Person Crew (TwPC), that type of officiating is very important. But if the OfTB official is a Ball Watcher, then there can and will be problems. I and many other esteemed members of this Forum have stated before, when an official is Ball Watching outside of his PCA, bad things can and will happen.

Tref gives me the vib that he is a Ball Watcher. The Three-Person Crew (ThPC) was created so that there will be times when there will be two eyes On The Ball (OnTB) and four eyes OfTB, and that there will be times when there will be four eyes OnTB and two eyes OfTB. In the latter situation there will one official will be considered the Primary Official OnTB and the other official will be considered the Secondary Official OnTB, and ball and location and where the play started will dictate who is who (or is it whom is what, LOL?); that type of knowledge comes from experience.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 04:36pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
MTD, Sr. ftw.

Jugs:

I am getting senile. What is "ftw'? If you have to PM with your answer go ahead.

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 05:07pm
Administrator

Message to Tref.

There is Mark, me (Mark T. DeNucci, Sr., aka MTD, Sr.) and Mark Padgett and everybody addresses as Mark or Padgett when talking to or about Padgett, and when taking to about me, I am addessed as Mark, MTD, Sr., Mark, Sr. (there is a Mark, Jr./MTD, Jr./Junior/Mark that officiates with me and who more often than not has to carry my broken down old tuchus up and down the basketball court, and always takes the Plate when we umpire togehter), "bald old geezer", or "senile bald old geezer".

This school year is my 41st year as a boys'/girls' H.S. (includes Jr. H.S.) basketball official; I started with the 1971-72 school year. I officiated women's college basketball from the 1974 to 2008, and men's college basketball from 1993 to 2008. I was a USA Basketball (that's FIBA Rules) from 1993 to 2003.

I was the first male to officiate women's college basketball in the state of Florida and one of the first to officiate women's college basketball in the Southeast USA, back before you were a twinkle in your old man's eye. I have officiated over 20 Div. I and over 20 jr. coll. women's playoff games. I have officiated over 40 AAU and YBOA Boys' and Girls' National Championship Tournaments including three YBOA Girls' National Championship Games.

I was on the 1999 Officiating Staff for the Special Olympics World Summer Games. And in March I will officiate in my 21st Ohio Special Olympics State Final Four.

Those are my accomplishments on the court. And I have even brought up my friend (and peers) that I have made along the way and what I have tried to give back to the profession off of the court.

When I first started officiating I never thought about where I would end as a basketball official and I never would have dreamed that I would have done what I have done. But I know that I am lucky to have accomplished what I have, because such a small percentage ever get to do what I have done.

So yes, I do get to take a few whacks at your when I read such nonsense. Remember, I am a bald old geezer, and I can get pretty cranky when I get riled up.

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Jugs:

I am getting senile. What is "ftw'? If you have to PM with your answer go ahead.

MTD, Sr.
ftw = for the win

Took me about a year to figure that out
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 05:09pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
ftw = for the win

Took me about a year to figure that out

Toren:

Thank you.

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

I apologize

Quote:
There is Mark, me (Mark T. DeNucci, Sr., aka MTD, Sr.) and Mark Padgett and everybody addresses as Mark or Padgett when talking to or about Padgett, and when taking to about me, I am addessed as Mark, MTD, Sr., Mark, Sr. (there is a Mark, Jr./MTD, Jr./Junior/Mark that officiates with me and who more often than not has to carry my broken down old tuchus up and down the basketball court, and always takes the Plate when we umpire togehter), "bald old geezer", or "senile bald old geezer".

This school year is my 41st year as a boys'/girls' H.S. (includes Jr. H.S.) basketball official; I started with the 1971-72 school year. I officiated women's college basketball from the 1974 to 2008, and men's college basketball from 1993 to 2008. I was a USA Basketball (that's FIBA Rules) from 1993 to 2003.

I was the first male to officiate women's college basketball in the state of Florida and one of the first to officiate women's college basketball in the Southeast USA, back before you were a twinkle in your old man's eye. I have officiated over 20 Div. I and over 20 jr. coll. women's playoff games. I have officiated over 40 AAU and YBOA Boys' and Girls' National Championship Tournaments including three YBOA Girls' National Championship Games.

I was on the 1999 Officiating Staff for the Special Olympics World Summer Games. And in March I will officiate in my 21st Ohio Special Olympics State Final Four.

Those are my accomplishments on the court. And I have even brought up my friend (and peers) that I have made along the way and what I have tried to give back to the profession off of the court.

When I first started officiating I never thought about where I would end as a basketball official and I never would have dreamed that I would have done what I have done. But I know that I am lucky to have accomplished what I have, because such a small percentage ever get to do what I have done.

So yes, I do get to take a few whacks at your when I read such nonsense. Remember, I am a bald old geezer, and I can get pretty cranky when I get riled up.

MTD, Sr.
Hey I'll be a man about it. I'm sorry MTD, Sr. I confused you with Padgett. Wont happen again & nice resume btw!! I'd be quite fortunate to achive 1/4th of what you have.
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:00pm
Huck Finn

Nice, everyone made up (I'm not being sarcastic).
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Nice, everyone made up (I'm not being sarcastic).
Get a room!
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:10pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Hey I'll be a man about it. I'm sorry MTD, Sr. I confused you with Padgett. Wont happen again & nice resume btw!! I'd be quite fortunate to achive 1/4th of what you have.

Tref:

Apology is accepted. BUT, you had better apologize to Padgett for thinking that I was him. If I know him, he is so distraught about it that he is probably out buying all new officiating clothes for this weekend. I can only hope that he posts pictures of him in his new officiating uniform, .

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:23pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Tref:

Apology is accepted. BUT, you had better apologize to Padgett for thinking that I was him. If I know him, he is so distraught about it that he is probably out buying all new officiating clothes for this weekend. I can only hope that he posts pictures of him in his new officiating uniform, .

MTD, Sr.
Your credibility just went down.
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:25pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Your credibility just went down.

Snaqs:

Come on, you know that everybody knows that Padgett is the best dressed basketaball official in the world, .

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio