The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 16, 2012, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

AP Question

Quick question on an AP throw-in. Orange team has a throw in on an AP thrown-in. During the throw-in, the orange team can not get the throw in and is called for a 5 second count. Does the arrow change over to the blue team in this case or does it stay with the orange team?
Old Mon Jan 16, 2012, 11:17pm
Archaic Power Monger

The arrow will switch since the AP throw in was completed by rule with the throwing team committing the violation.
Old Mon Jan 16, 2012, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

One of the situations where the arrow changes is when the throw-in team commits a throw-in violation. A five second throw-in violation would mean a change of the arrow.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:01am
Official Fiveum Member

Question

Does it also change if the inbounding team commits a personal or technical foul during the throw-in?
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Refner View Post
Does it also change if the inbounding team commits a personal or technical foul during the throw-in?
There's only two ways the arrow changes...throw-in team commits a violation or the when the AP throw-in is completed.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:36am
Official Forum Member

I had this happen in a BV game last month. H team gets the ball for an AP throw-in after a held ball. I get them for a 5-second violation. V team throws it in and we play on. About a minute later after I report a foul, the V coach is pointing out to me that they should have the arrow. (The scorer didn't change the arrow after the H team violated) After a brief discussion with my partner, we figure it out and went on.
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

If I happen to call a foul during an AP throw-in, I will mention to the table when reporting that the team should keep the arrow. Saves confusion later.
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh refner View Post
does it also change if the inbounding team commits a personal or technical foul during the throw-in?
6-4-5
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
If I happen to call a foul during an AP throw-in, I will mention to the table when reporting that the team should keep the arrow. Saves confusion later.
This is great advice and I always do this. (Of course if I had the Eagle Man at the table I wouldn't!)