The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

According to school website two of the coaches also coach football. Must be a long football season.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
unless of course they are in a position of authority over you and they remove you from a position........ then, feel free.
Actually right now, I'm in communication with both the Principal & AD about being allowed to work both gyms equally. I am not being biased at all, even though CHS is my Alma Mater. I ignore the fact that I am an alumni when working CHS games & treat each team equally.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
According to school website two of the coaches also coach football. Must be a long football season.
The football team won State on December 3. So a couple of the Boys' games got rescheduled. The Boys' JV Coach is the head football coach, the Boys' Head Coach is one of a few assistant coaches in football.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:04pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by de la hoops View Post
Situation #2: "Red, you're OOB ... White ball!"
Maybe quick enough to prevent the imminent foul????
Quote:
Good thinking.................#5, I'm going to call traveling so he won't get hammered.
I consider this taking the path of least resistance and in this case the wrong path all together. Some could say this one play alone may allow you to do as you say - I do not agree with that. Contact like this is not incidental IMO.

Considering everything else, this absolutely not incidental or something that would be ignored in favor of traveling.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Sure he can. He can kick the kid off the team any time he wishes....even in the middle of the game. As game management, he can have the game stopped and forfeit it. You can certainly pull exception cases out where the AD has no authority but that would be the extreme exception, not the norm. If not the AD, then the Principal. Someone, whoever it might be, at the gym is in charge of the facility and the event and can shut it down.
According to my state, officials are the authority over the contest, not ADs, Principal, Superintendent or Parent. Now if they do not want to play a game, that is up to them. It would be noted and a Special Report would be filed with the IHSA and they would deal with it from there. And based on the information they can take whatever action they choose. I would not fight them, but it would not go unreported. Because it might be possible that they have been a problem again and they could put their membership or participation up in the air. Just like if I were to overstep my authority I could suffer the same consequences. But when we are on the court in this state, we are in charge of the contest. If that is not the way it is there, then so be it.

Peace
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:13pm
Back from the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
Both schools are classified as 1A schools (208-521 students)
Just out of curiosity, how does Washington classify schools 1-207 students?
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
I consider this taking the path of least resistance and in this case the wrong path all together. Some could say this one play alone may allow you to do as you say - I do not agree with that. Contact like this is not incidental IMO.

Considering everything else, this absolutely not incidental or something that would be ignored in favor of traveling.
You do realize I was being sarcastic??????
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post

Minimum security, mostly for first time offenders

Last edited by fullor30; Tue Jan 03, 2012 at 01:22pm.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Apparently Gramps of 34 is in corner in mobile wheelchair.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:29pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Washington doesn't really use a set number system...they go by percentages of schools. Each classification should have 17% of the schools in the state, so the numbers for a 1A or 2A school change a little every 2 years when they reclassify.

So basically, we have 1B, 2B, 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A schools. 1B runs up to about 90 kids. 2B goes up to around 200, 1A goes up to about 500, 2A goes to about 800, 3A to about 1100, and 4A is anything above that. (numbers are approximations)
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:31pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
According to my state, officials are the authority over the contest, not ADs, Principal, Superintendent or Parent. Now if they do not want to play a game, that is up to them. It would be noted and a Special Report would be filed with the IHSA and they would deal with it from there. And based on the information they can take whatever action they choose. I would not fight them, but it would not go unreported. Because it might be possible that they have been a problem again and they could put their membership or participation up in the air. Just like if I were to overstep my authority I could suffer the same consequences. But when we are on the court in this state, we are in charge of the contest. If that is not the way it is there, then so be it.

Peace
Of course officials are the authority over the contest...that's not what Camron said. He said the Principal or AD are the authority over the facility and the school. If the Principal or AD calls you over to the table and says "This game is over" then the game is over - there's nothing you can do about it. You can file reports and call assignors afterwards, but the game is over when they say so.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:35pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
You do realize I was being sarcastic??????
I didn't know that, but now that I do...
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:50pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
According to my state, officials are the authority over the contest, not ADs, Principal, Superintendent or Parent. Now if they do not want to play a game, that is up to them.
You have authority over the contest, but they have the authority to cancel the contest. Sounds like they win, if this is an authority contest.

Lonesome Dove
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
You have authority over the contest, but they have the authority to cancel the contest. Sounds like they win, if this is an authority contest.
Who said they didn't? But once again, it would be reported to the state and then let them take action. They might be seen as overstepping their bounds or violating rules and regulations, especially if they did not go through the right channels. And visiting ADs do not have any authority over a facility.

Peace
Old Tue Jan 03, 2012, 01:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Of course officials are the authority over the contest...that's not what Camron said. He said the Principal or AD are the authority over the facility and the school. If the Principal or AD calls you over to the table and says "This game is over" then the game is over - there's nothing you can do about it. You can file reports and call assignors afterwards, but the game is over when they say so.
And who said they could not do that? I also have the ability to say the game is a forfeit too. So if they are leading and the AD wants to take such action, I have the right to take action too. They can cancel the game, but how it gets reported is also something they have no control over.

Peace