The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
a situation ... last night in a state tournament game.
For those of you who have evaluated or been evaluated at a State Tournament...you should know exactly what fullor is talking about.

At least, here in these parts...every little thing seems to get "judged" at a State Tournament. The highest rated officials move on to the Championship game. And when every official there is "good"...sometimes the little things can separate said officials.

Sure, this may not seem like a "big deal"...but, trust me...it can be when you are being evaluated at a State Tournament.

Fullor...who knows, maybe this R wanted to show that he was in control...that he could manage a situation even when the table did not do a very good job of communicating.

I am not saying that is why the R came over...but, I have seen officials officiate to the evaluaters at State Tourneys before...sadly, even at their partners expense.
Richland, WA
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 09:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude View Post
For those of you who have evaluated or been evaluated at a State Tournament...you should know exactly what fullor is talking about.

At least, here in these parts...every little thing seems to get "judged" at a State Tournament. The highest rated officials move on to the Championship game. And when every official there is "good"...sometimes the little things can separate said officials.

Sure, this may not seem like a "big deal"...but, trust me...it can be when you are being evaluated at a State Tournament.

I am not saying that is why the R came over...but, I have seen officials officiate to the evaluaters at State Tourneys before...sadly, even at their partners expense.
I am not sure you know what he means by State Tournament. That is not the same as working the last game or the championship game at a level where the state crowns a champion. He was only likely working a Regional (if it took place in the last day or so) which is considered the State Tournament here. It is the first round of games to move on in the tournament. Actually it is unlikely that he or many are evaluated at that level at all as there are so many playoff games taking place at the Regional level. Or if that is the case he would not know about it. It is not common to have people sent out that early in the tournament.

Peace
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I am not sure you know what he means by State Tournament. That is not the same as working the last game or the championship game at a level where the state crowns a champion. He was only likely working a Regional (if it took place in the last day or so) which is considered the State Tournament here. It is the first round of games to move on in the tournament. Actually it is unlikely that he or many are evaluated at that level at all as there are so many playoff games taking place at the Regional level. Or if that is the case he would not know about it. It is not common to have people sent out that early in the tournament.

Peace

Correct, yet there is some angst possibly by folks to 'get it right' I know my antenna is up during a tournament game.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 11:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Correct, yet there is some angst possibly by folks to 'get it right' I know my antenna is up during a tournament game.
Nothing wrong with that. More people are watching. I just would not beat yourself up about it. Nothing wrong with asking what went wrong.

Peace