The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

We have a spot throw-in along baseline in A's backcourt. Spot is about 7-8-ft from sideline. I am T at division line getting ready to head down court to be new L-- A1 calls TO. Partner grants TO -- after TO A1 is ready to inbound ball at original spot -- Partner administers throw-in -- A1 takes about 5-6 steps toward lane before releasing ball--I recognize this as a throw-in violation--partner is silent on whistle at first, after ball is inbounds and about at FT line in BC hits whistle and signals violation--He got it right--
My question, when one is 50-ft from the "violation" is there any good way to "get" this one if your partner doesn't get it--I am glad he got it 'cause I wasn't sure what I would have done if he hadn't. [partner had many years seniority on me].

Comments welcome.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by golfdesigner
We have a spot throw-in along baseline in A's backcourt. Spot is about 7-8-ft from sideline. I am T at division line getting ready to head down court to be new L-- A1 calls TO. Partner grants TO -- after TO A1 is ready to inbound ball at original spot -- Partner administers throw-in -- A1 takes about 5-6 steps toward lane before releasing ball--I recognize this as a throw-in violation--partner is silent on whistle at first, after ball is inbounds and about at FT line in BC hits whistle and signals violation--He got it right--
My question, when one is 50-ft from the "violation" is there any good way to "get" this one if your partner doesn't get it--I am glad he got it 'cause I wasn't sure what I would have done if he hadn't. [partner had many years seniority on me].

Comments welcome.
Shouldn't you have been looking at the other players? If everyone is looking where they should be looking, you shouldn't have to worry about seeing something right in front of your partner 50 feet away.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joseph2493
Quote:

Comments welcome.
Let your partner handle his/her throw in, this is one of those things you live with and ask about later.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Comments welcome.
Communication is the key.

Anytime you have a TO your partner(s) should know who called it, 60 or 30, spot of throw-in, can they run, shooter and number of shots if free throws follow the TO.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I agree with Blindzebra. Communication. Now, if you are on TV and it is the NCAA post season and the game is on the line. Then, get the call correct. O, and it is Women's game.