The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Question - Kansas/Kansas State game

Early in Saturday's Kansas/K-State game there was a "put-back" dunk by a KSU player that entered the basket, passed completely through the rim, caught in the net and popped right back out.

It wasn't caught by the officials, and would have been very difficult to see in real time. Question - is this reviewable on video? I haven't looked at an NCAA-M rules book in quite a while, and don't think it is, but was curious. Correctable error time frame if so?
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 11:38am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018 View Post
Early in Saturday's Kansas/K-State game there was a "put-back" dunk by a KSU player that entered the basket, passed completely through the rim, caught in the net and popped right back out.

It wasn't caught by the officials, and would have been very difficult to see in real time. Question - is this reviewable on video? I haven't looked at an NCAA-M rules book in quite a while, and don't think it is, but was curious. Correctable error time frame if so?
I do not think it is reviewable (I am pretty sure it is not), but you do not need to look at it considering the ball did not go through the basket, which by rule is the classification. This happen in a Sweet 16 a few years ago as well.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not think it is reviewable (I am pretty sure it is not), but you do not need to look at it considering the ball did not go through the basket, which by rule is the classification. This happen in a Sweet 16 a few years ago as well.

Peace
Man, I had a brain block - I had said at first no basket, then convinced myself since that the ball just had to pass completely through the rim. I know better.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Did you see in this game when 00 for Kansas dunked it and slap the crap out of the backboard...I was glad to see that whacked him.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Bob Knight was wondering this same thing in the Texas vs. Texas A&M game tonight. In fact, they went to the monitor to review a play that had the announcing crew thinking they were reviewing it, but they were actually reviewing a clock malfunction.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.