The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 11, 2011, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

If you want examples of backdown plays that are called charges in the NBA, here you go.

Video Rule Book - Home
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Jan 11, 2011, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

All Purpose,

Thank you very much for that link. I think it has helped me greatly. Also, I enjoyed the clips on showing a flop and to what Howard was doing backing up.

Thanks again for the link.

Also, weather in Central Florida is starting to get cold. Suppose to be 33 tonight
Old Wed Jan 12, 2011, 04:43pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFGUY06 View Post
Here is a link to NBA Post Up's on YouTube. Sorry about the music, just mute it.

YouTube - Post Moves

Starting at 1:03 with Carmelo who uses his Butt to create space you will see there was no call. This is the stuff I'm talking about.

Also Boozer at 1:40 is the prime example of what I am referring too. That is the move Shaq and other big men have done their whole careers.
I believe NBA.com or NBA TV has a weekly officiating segment. In this forum you are going to get answers as they pertain to NFHS, NCAA (men's and women's), and FIBA.

We do have one semi-regular contributor who works in the D-League, maybe he will chime in on your question as it pertains to the NBA.

But don't expect to answer why a particular official did or didn't make a particular call in a game you saw on TV. We cannot answer for that official.