The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 05:53pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Arrow OK newbies, try this one

NF rules. Two person officiating crew. A1 is airborne shooting a three point shot when he is flagrantly fouled by B1. Before he lands, A2 fouls B2. The shot goes in and then A3 punches B3 right in front of the score table. A6 and A7 along with B6 and B7 leave their benches and get in a fight with each other on the court. A parent comes down out of the stands and hits HC B on the head with her purse. It is then discovered that A1 was playing with an illegal number and B1 was never in the scorebook.

As the R tries to sort things out, the U tells him he didn't see any of it because he was busy checking out a hot mom in the third row (not the parent who hit HC B) and that she's so good looking, he inadvertently blew his whistle when the fight on the court started.

1) How many shots for each team?
2) Who (if anyone) gets ejected?
3) Who eventually gets possession?
4) Should the hot mom give the U her phone number?

Oh yeah - this all happened with a few seconds left in the fourth quarter of a tie game and the horn went off while A1 was in the air but before he released his shot. It's a tournament championship game and the winning team gets to have dinner with Angelina Jolie. The losers have to mow Billy Packer's lawn.
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 05:59pm
Archaic Power Monger

I'm not answering. Grune and KJump will yell at me again.
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 08:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
NF rules. Two person officiating crew. A1 is airborne shooting a three point shot when he is flagrantly fouled by B1. Before he lands, A2 fouls B2. The shot goes in and then A3 punches B3 right in front of the score table. A6 and A7 along with B6 and B7 leave their benches and get in a fight with each other on the court. A parent comes down out of the stands and hits HC B on the head with her purse. It is then discovered that A1 was playing with an illegal number and B1 was never in the scorebook.

As the R tries to sort things out, the U tells him he didn't see any of it because he was busy checking out a hot mom in the third row (not the parent who hit HC B) and that she's so good looking, he inadvertently blew his whistle when the fight on the court started.

Oh yeah - this all happened with a few seconds left in the fourth quarter of a tie game and the horn went off while A1 was in the air but before he released his shot. It's a tournament championship game and the winning team gets to have dinner with Angelina Jolie. The losers have to mow Billy Packer's lawn.
This may be the most extravagant situation you've ever thought up Mark. I'll give it the old college try after the Blackhawks game.
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 09:04pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
This may be the most extravagant situation you've ever thought up Mark.

There's more. It all happened on a ship that had crossed the international date line, so none of it really happened until tomorrow.

Lonesome Dove
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Alright let's have some fun, bearing in mind this is for noobs... Don't get all crazy on us!
1)Count the bucket...
2)Team A gets two free throws for the flagrant on B1, common foul on A2, add it to the team total (are we in the bonus, or POI?).
3)A3 gets an intentional and is dumped, negating the two free throws awarded for the flagrant on B1.
4)A6, B6, A7, and B7 are gone: no free throws.
5)Parents coming out of the stands are for the police to sort.
6)After the inadvertent whistle I send my partner to clean his pants, because surely when he was blowing his whistle, he was "blowing his whistle." Then I open a can to administer to him a grande-sized butt whuppin' in the parking lot. UNLESS the hot mom was going all Sharon Stone on us, at which point I cut him some slack, assuming of course that my partner is male. If not, well, you make your own judgments...
6)The hot mom has no idea that the U is checking her out and completely ignores him.
7)I make a comment to her that all of this is her fault, she bats her eyes, at which point she gives her number to the U because she loves uniforms and I'm on my way home to my wife and kids. (Enter Yosemite Sam and his famous curses.) U buys me a beer or six and shares all the details. (He better have frickin' details.)

So in the end A1 gets one free throw and A gets the ball at the division line. HC B gets laughed at in private. I'll get the dinner with AJ and dream about mowing her lawn. Billy Mac has to mow Billy Packer's lawn (just 'cuz of the Billy thang).

How'd I do?

(Remember, I love this forum, read it everyday, and put what I learn in my toolbag... Be nice and stuff! If I fugged it up, teach me and I'll put it my toolbag.)

Rooster style,

Viva Officiating.com
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
Alright let's have some fun, bearing in mind this is for noobs... Don't get all crazy on us!
1)Count the bucket...
2)Team A gets two free throws for the flagrant on B1, common foul on A2, add it to the team total (are we in the bonus, or POI?).
3)A3 gets an intentional and is dumped, negating the two free throws awarded for the flagrant on B1.
4)A6, B6, A7, and B7 are gone: no free throws.
5)Parents coming out of the stands are for the police to sort.
6)After the inadvertent whistle I send my partner to clean his pants, because surely when he was blowing his whistle, he was "blowing his whistle." Then I open a can to administer to him a grande-sized butt whuppin' in the parking lot. UNLESS the hot mom was going all Sharon Stone on us, at which point I cut him some slack, assuming of course that my partner is male. If not, well, you make your own judgments...
6)The hot mom has no idea that the U is checking her out and completely ignores him.
7)I make a comment to her that all of this is her fault, she bats her eyes, at which point she gives her number to the U because she loves uniforms and I'm on my way home to my wife and kids. (Enter Yosemite Sam and his famous curses.) U buys me a beer or six and shares all the details. (He better have frickin' details.)

So in the end A1 gets one free throw and A gets the ball at the division line. HC B gets laughed at in private. I'll get the dinner with AJ and dream about mowing her lawn. Billy Mac has to mow Billy Packer's lawn (just 'cuz of the Billy thang).

How'd I do?

(Remember, I love this forum, read it everyday, and put what I learn in my toolbag... Be nice and stuff! If I fugged it up, teach me and I'll put it my toolbag.)

Rooster style,

Viva Officiating.com
The horn went off before the shot was released. No bucket for A1, 3 free throws for being fouled in the act of shooting. Then scenario's 2-7 are good. End result being free throws for A1 that either win the game or send it into overtime.

Last edited by JshJcbsn; Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 11:55pm.
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 12:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Since the U was ogling at a cougar, I'm assuming the R saw everything...

1. A1 gets three shots for being fouled in the act of shooting a three-pointer. Lane cleared because the end of a period is involved (also because of flagrant).

2. B1 is ejected for flagrant foul

3. A3 punching B3 creates a false double foul situation. Two free throws for B3. Eject A3

4. A6 and 7, as well as B6 and 7 are all ejected for fighting. No free throws for either team.

5. Under 2-3, I do not allow him to take the hot mom's number. She instead shall give it to me.

So we've got three free throws for A1 with lane cleared, then two free throws at the other end for B3. Depending on how many each make, the game is either over, or we have overtime.

So, how'd I do?

EDIT: As I thought about this more, I realized that the fourth quarter is over once time expires, and A1 shoots his free throws. Should he make all three, the game is over. Reason being, B3's free throws wouldn't affect the outcome of the game.

Am I right on that edit?

Last edited by bas2456; Wed Mar 24, 2010 at 01:20am.
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 04:52am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
C'mon Welpe, Jump in There......besides,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I'm not answering. Grune and KJump will yell at me again.
I DON'T YELL!
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 06:26am
Official Forum Member

Please send some of those meds.

Along with your bank account number and PIN for the payment. (Ha, pre-emptive strike!)
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Can't answer without more information.

Day or night game?
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JshJcbsn View Post
The horn went off before the shot was released. No bucket for A1, 3 free throws for being fouled in the act of shooting.
Ech, missed that one. The cougar threw me off my groove.
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 11:14am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
Can't answer without more information.

Day or night game?
Yes, it was a day or night game.
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 01:44pm
Back from the DL

Without reading anyone else's answers, I'll consider this, my first post, as my initiation here.

1. A2 shoots a pair, and anyone from Team B shoots a pair on the flagrant technical. No FTs for the team-control , double flagrant technicals and double admin technical.
2. B1, A3, A6, A7, B6, and B7 are all disqualified. I'll use my judgment to determine which are ejected, too.
3. B's ball, since that "single" technical on A3 was last (double Ts go to POI).
4. The only number the U is getting is a 4 rating from me. (Our board rates each other on a 4-10 scale.)

If I'm wrong anywhere, let me have it.