View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 12:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
NF rules. Two person officiating crew. A1 is airborne shooting a three point shot when he is flagrantly fouled by B1. Before he lands, A2 fouls B2. The shot goes in and then A3 punches B3 right in front of the score table. A6 and A7 along with B6 and B7 leave their benches and get in a fight with each other on the court. A parent comes down out of the stands and hits HC B on the head with her purse. It is then discovered that A1 was playing with an illegal number and B1 was never in the scorebook.

As the R tries to sort things out, the U tells him he didn't see any of it because he was busy checking out a hot mom in the third row (not the parent who hit HC B) and that she's so good looking, he inadvertently blew his whistle when the fight on the court started.

1) How many shots for each team?
2) Who (if anyone) gets ejected?
3) Who eventually gets possession?
4) Should the hot mom give the U her phone number?

Oh yeah - this all happened with a few seconds left in the fourth quarter of a tie game and the horn went off while A1 was in the air but before he released his shot. It's a tournament championship game and the winning team gets to have dinner with Angelina Jolie. The losers have to mow Billy Packer's lawn.
Since the U was ogling at a cougar, I'm assuming the R saw everything...

1. A1 gets three shots for being fouled in the act of shooting a three-pointer. Lane cleared because the end of a period is involved (also because of flagrant).

2. B1 is ejected for flagrant foul

3. A3 punching B3 creates a false double foul situation. Two free throws for B3. Eject A3

4. A6 and 7, as well as B6 and 7 are all ejected for fighting. No free throws for either team.

5. Under 2-3, I do not allow him to take the hot mom's number. She instead shall give it to me.

So we've got three free throws for A1 with lane cleared, then two free throws at the other end for B3. Depending on how many each make, the game is either over, or we have overtime.

So, how'd I do?

EDIT: As I thought about this more, I realized that the fourth quarter is over once time expires, and A1 shoots his free throws. Should he make all three, the game is over. Reason being, B3's free throws wouldn't affect the outcome of the game.

Am I right on that edit?

Last edited by bas2456; Wed Mar 24, 2010 at 01:20am.