The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 30, 2010, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj View Post
Representing, I think what Nevada is trying to say is do not post until you look it up yourself. You have been a member of this site for 2 months max and have over 400 posts. That is more posts than I have in 7 years on this site (and I officiate football and baseball too). It is a fabulous site to learn from but not if people are posting wrong rulings.

Be a lurker for a bit and listen to the vets on here (you'll know who they are after awhile). That and learning from your mistakes is how you're going to learn.
+1

Your pattern of posting goes like this: somebody posts a question, you post an answer off the top of your head, that answer's wrong and you're called on it, you post "my bad."

Why not skip that initial post and just look up the answer first? Just a suggestion.
Old Sat Jan 30, 2010, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
+1

Your pattern of posting goes like this: somebody posts a question, you post an answer off the top of your head, that answer's wrong and you're called on it, you get defensive, you argue, you post something else wrong, you complain about not getting varsity games, the correct answer is given again,you post "my bad."

Why not skip that initial post and just look up the answer first? Just a suggestion.
Amended,
Old Sat Jan 30, 2010, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Amended,
Yeah, I know -- but the point remains that all the preliminary stuff goes away if he goes to the book the first time.
Old Sat Jan 30, 2010, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Just a thought... if the ball was batted in an attempt to get the ball away from the defense or to a teammate, wouldn't that be considered a controlled pass?

We had this happen in my Boys Freshmen game on Wednesday. I'm trail, my partner's lead. A is offense, B is defense. Shot goes up, misses, players trying to rebound and eventually the ball gets to the floor and someone just batted the ball to the backcourt. I couldn't see who it was, as it was outside the lane opposite to me where my partner would have had the better view. Ball goes almost to the opposite endline and the A1 regained possession. Not having any clue if there was any absolute team control I didn't blow anything and left that up to my partner to call. He blew his whistle and called backcourt. We got together and I asked him what he saw as I couldn't see anything. He said that the ball was on the ground and during the "fight for the ball" A2 pushed the ball into the back court with one hand. I told him good call, as it was with intent to get it away from the opponents and to a teammate.
Why, if you couldn't see anything and your partner makes a call would you find it necessary to get together? You say you had no clue and left it up to your partner to call. After he does, you now want to discuss with him? You're very confusing. Maybe it's hard describing situations or communicating that has everyone jumping on you. You may want to keep your questions brief and learn more by reading other situations than presenting your own. Just my .02

Last edited by fullor30; Sat Jan 30, 2010 at 03:04pm.