The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 02:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
I will take your suggestions in consideration. But this is the way we do it in our league.

And where the hell is it in the rulebook where it states the position of the officials during a time out (or is that a state's thing)? I've been looking through the rulebook for the last 10-15 minutes trying to find the damn thing and can't find it anywhere.
In the 2009-2011 NFHS Basketball Officials Manual, the 2-person time-out mechanics can be found on pages 38-41.

The 3-person timeout mechanics can be found on pages 75-78.
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 02:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
In the 2009-2011 NFHS Basketball Officials Manual, the 2-person time-out mechanics can be found on pages 38-41.

The 3-person timeout mechanics can be found on pages 75-78.
Thanks, I was looking in the wrong area. I'll go dig that up tomorrow as I need to go to bed soon.
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
Considering the personnel I work with when I'm doing scoreboard/timer, for JV & C-Sqaud, don't seem to know the meaning of being neutral while at the table.
Accept that in many areas, including, it seems, yours, the "administrative rules" are more loosely enforced at lower levels.

If you are working the table (one of the "official" positions), then tell the sub that s/he can't enter. If you aren't working the table, then leave it up to those who are and the game officials.
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 09:57am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
While awareness is always a good thing, i wouldn't try to remember something like this. It's not really worth the effort for the amount of times you'd actually catch something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Strictly speaking that is the scorer's job, but if the official notices it, then he should deal with it.
Thanks for the feedback, Snaqs and Nevada.