The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Administration Technical

I know it has been discussed B4 but I can't find it. If a team does not have the book ready at the 10 minute mark and a Technical is assessed on Team A - Team A shoots 2 free throws... who gets the ball to begin the game - or is it a jump ball? Sorry - brain fart!
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 11:49am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refsmitty View Post
I know it has been discussed B4 but I can't find it. If a team does not have the book ready at the 10 minute mark and a Technical is assessed on Team A - Team A shoots 2 free throws... who gets the ball to begin the game - or is it a jump ball? Sorry - brain fart!
In NFHS rules, the penalty for any T is the same (except for the whole "who gets the T" question). Two shots and the ball.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

Thanks Snaq
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

...and the team you assessed the T on gets the arrow.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
And 1 team foul should be put on the board as well!
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It is no telling as you have yet to issue T's to team B's coach who is angry that you let team A shoot team B's freethrows. Who knows what might unfold while that is going on.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Wouldn't that be the cat's meow!!!
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
...and the team you assessed the T on gets the arrow.
...once the the ball is at the thrower's disposal for the throw-in. If there are other "complications" in the mean time, that distinction may be important.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The T is not for the book not being ready. That portion does not matter. I don't have my book with me but the T is given if the starters are not identified and the roster is not given. All the coach has to do is hand a sheet of paper with all the names and numbers with the starters identified to the scorer and then it is up to the scorer to enter it to the book. If the T was for the book not being ready what would prevent the home team scorer from waiting till after the 10 minute mark every time? Lets make sure we don't penalize improperly on this.