The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 07:16pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy dazed and confused!

Not sure where to start....just looking for a little advice... I guess!!

I'm in my sixth year, everything was going great!...I've had about half my schedule made up of Varsity games since my 3rd year. Then I moved closer to my work..(about an hour away) during the middle of 4th year...downhill from there. The assignor for the major conference I moved into is very picky on the people he uses. I took his officiating camp the past 2 years. The first year he contacted me 2 weeks after the camp and gave me 17 JV games for last year.
That was great! Then I took his camp this year and nothing!!!never contacted me at all. So I emailed him and he said he thought I only wanted to do Varsity games and he couldnt commit to me in this way! So...I have an 18 team conference in my backyard....and dont have 1 game scheduled from him. I put the conference that I worked previous on the back burner to work this new one. Now, I have some games from him, but not like before, cause he found someone to take my place in rotation.....uuuuggghhh

Sorry if this doesnt make since, I'm just frustrated..I'm worried about upcoming season, usually I have 30 to 35 games lined up to this point.....as of today 3...
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 07:56pm
In Time Out

sucks but it happens. maybe some spots will open up and usually not all the refs make it through the season.
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 09:07pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

I got me some friends who might be able to help youse.

Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra68 View Post
Not sure where to start....just looking for a little advice... I guess!!

Then I took his camp this year and nothing!!!never contacted me at all. So I emailed him and he said he thought I only wanted to do Varsity games and he couldnt commit to me in this way! So...I have an 18 team conference in my backyard....and dont have 1 game scheduled from him. I put the conference that I worked previous on the back burner to work this new one. Now, I have some games from him, but not like before, cause he found someone to take my place in rotation.....uuuuggghhh

Sorry if this doesnt make since, I'm just frustrated..I'm worried about upcoming season, usually I have 30 to 35 games lined up to this point.....as of today 3...
Sounds like you said something that made him think you weren't interested in working the game he had for you. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Perhaps it was someone else that told him (perhaps inaccurately) what you wanted. Not much you can do at this point for this season except for telling him that is not the case and you will more than happily take the games he has for you.