The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 03, 2009, 01:32pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanaqa View Post
what started out as just a local phenomenon at a highschool in brandon,florida is about to stretch it's boundries to the whole nation

spam-o-rama
Old Tue Mar 03, 2009, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Really? In what cases should 10-1-9 not be enforced?

Please enlighten us.
10.3.2 sit B was my thought. Advanage gained appears to be the difference in the enforcement of theses two sits. That's just my thought. It's similar to the returning frow the throw-in. If they try to gain an advantage by thoes few steps out of bounds (use a screen) before returning, it's a T. If you have a kid do the same thing with out the screen I've got nothing. Does that make any sense?
Old Tue Mar 03, 2009, 08:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

After a lengthy substitution process ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
What about case book 10.3.2 (Sit. B)? Sounds like the situation that was here.
10.3.2 SITUATION B: After a lengthy substitution process involving multiple substitutions for both Team A and Team B, A5 goes to the bench and remains there, mistakenly believing he/she has been replaced. The ball is put in play even though Team A has only four players on the court. Team A is bringing the ball into A’s frontcourt when the coach of Team A realizes they have only four players. The coach yells for A5 to return and he/she sprints directly onto the court and catches up with the play. RULING: No technical foul is charged to A5. A5’s return to the court was not deceitful, nor did it provide A5 an unfair positioning advantage on the court.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Mar 04, 2009, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOFL View Post
10.3.2 sit B was my thought. Advanage gained appears to be the difference in the enforcement of theses two sits. That's just my thought. It's similar to the returning frow the throw-in. If they try to gain an advantage by thoes few steps out of bounds (use a screen) before returning, it's a T. If you have a kid do the same thing with out the screen I've got nothing. Does that make any sense?
Unfortunately, you are using a different criterion than the one the NFHS put forth. Gaining an advantage is not a consideration when the situation takes place FOLLOWING A TIME-OUT OR INTERMISSION. The NFHS has made it clear that under those circumstances a technical foul shall be assessed.

I do not like it that the ruling is different following a substitution process. I'll mention it to my committee member and see if we can get the rulings to match.
Old Wed Mar 04, 2009, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post

I do not like it that the ruling is different following a substitution process. I'll mention it to my committee member and see if we can get the rulings to match.
I agree. Both are very similar by nature. I've seen both, and both were not deceitful, but honest mistakes.
Old Wed Mar 04, 2009, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

both of these are listed under delays that get a T, but 10.3.2 sit b is no T. So you can only make a mistake after lengthy substitutions. What about subs durring a timeout? Any thoughts nevada