"T" him up no question 71 81.61%
Warn him that it is unsportsmanlike 7 8.05%
Ignore it 6 6.90%
tell him you agree 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 10, 2009, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Don't think you CANNOT give the SECOND T. If its warranted, light 'em up. Especially if your partner is incapacitated to do so.
Old Tue Feb 10, 2009, 07:59pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum View Post

the coach in question told me he is filing a formal complaint against me, as I gave him a "T" without giving a warning. He said that was A blatant violation of the rules!!!!
If you were still within the confines of the court and had not yet approved the score, you should have rung him up then.

Quote:
I reallly enjoyed the game as it went to overtime
You're kidding, right?
Old Tue Feb 10, 2009, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Second question.

Let's say you chose to ignore the comment, because the game was in the 4th and the coach was loosing the game. A week or so later, you have the same coach for a game. Do you mention in your pregame that criticising officials is unsportsmanlike, and won't be tolerated or do you just wait to see what happens in the game??????
Just T him up. The qtr.&score don't matter. Next game is a new game. If you take care of business the right way in the first game, the guy now knows what to expect from you if he acts up in the next game.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 12:26am
Official Forum Member

You should have taken care of your business. As much as we may WANT or even NEED our co-officials to "get our back," sometimes that just won't happen. So, you have to do it yourself.

Personally, I have tossed two coaches in all the years I have officiating. The first, I was doing the game by myself. Coach acting a fool, so I stuck him. Late in the game, he wants a foul, and he got it . . . right after he slammed his clipboard down on the chair.

The second, I was calling with a less experienced official. He makes a GREAT call on an OOB play. Coach goes nuts. I tell coach to return to his box and coach his kids. He takes about 5-6 steps onto the floor and starts yelling at me. I stuck him. We shoot the T F-T and inbound the ball. A1 drives the lane and gets hammered. I am lead, and I have the foul. Coach goes off . . .

Me: "Coach, I see you don't have an assistant. I need to let you know that if you receive a 2nd technical foul, that you will be ejected and your team will forfeit the contest." I know, I know . . . should have stuck him right here . . . BUT . . . read on.

Coach: What are you gonna do? You aren't gonna do anything. Go call the game.

Me: TWEET. "Technical Foul on Red Coach. Coach is ejected. Coach, I see you don't have an assistant. The game is a Forfeit. Please put V-2 and H-0 in the book." (He was winning 27-19 in the middle of the 3rd!!) I turned and walked off the floor. My partner never did figure it out. Haven't called with him since . . . (interestingly enough, not by my choice either. He probably scratched me. )

Again, take care of business.

Last edited by bigdogrunnin; Wed Feb 11, 2009 at 12:29am.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Whack - a - roma!!!!
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

forgot one thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Not only would I T him up, I would smack him upside the head with a frying pan, tattoo "LOSER" on his forehead and taser him on his cojones. Then, I would eject him and make him crawl out to the parking lot and run himself over with his car.

But hey - that's just me.
maybe a comment like, "I'm just trying to match the effectiveness of my officiating to your coaching."
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 04:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Don't think you CANNOT give the SECOND T. If its warranted, light 'em up. Especially if your partner is incapacitated to do so.
In 5 years of officiating I have had maybe 5 coach ejections. Every one of them I gave both T's.

In a perfect world people would take care of bidness, in my world about 20% take care of bidness.