The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

Question-Wristbands

My question is it legal for a player to have a color other than white,black,biege, or predomin. jersey color medical tape wrapped around his or her wrist. I have been seeing this more and more and some have been using it especially on the boys side. Also sometime sticky prewrap or something like it may be used. Would you consider this a wristband and make it follow the rule or would it be a medical device and then be legal. Also what if it is a legal color like black but other players have white head/wrist bands on then would it be illegal. Any thoughts or if there is any documents that site a rule that would be helpful too.

Thanks
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIAA REF View Post
My question is it legal for a player to have a color other than white,black,biege, or predomin. jersey color medical tape wrapped around his or her wrist. I have been seeing this more and more and some have been using it especially on the boys side. Also sometime sticky prewrap or something like it may be used. Would you consider this a wristband and make it follow the rule or would it be a medical device and then be legal. Also what if it is a legal color like black but other players have white head/wrist bands on then would it be illegal. Any thoughts or if there is any documents that site a rule that would be helpful too.

Thanks
Going off of memory, I do not believe the rules prohibit medical tape. For me medical tape is NOT a wristband or headband identified by the rules therefore I will allow the medical tape and in all colors. JMO
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIAA REF View Post

Thanks
Ignore it, rules dont cover tape.
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 07:00pm
Esteemed Forum Member

What Tape Thread Ms. Struckoff ??? There Was No Tape Thread, You Imagined It ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2 View Post
Ignore it, rules don't cover tape.
Let's hope that the NFHS doesn't see this thread and come up with some goofy new "Tape Police" rule. Let's all just quietly back away from this thread and maybe Mary Struckoff won't notice.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Let's hope that the NFHS doesn't see this thread and come up with some goofy new "Tape Police" rule. Let's all just quietly back away from this thread and maybe Mary Struckoff won't notice.
BillyMac, I agree on the rule part. I also think that the NFHS will address socks and possibly tape at some point in time. I HOPE that they will never get to the point that tape on a wrist, hand or thumb will have to match other player's wristbands!!!
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 08:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHCoachNRef View Post
BillyMac, I agree on the rule part. I also think that the NFHS will address socks and possibly tape at some point in time. I HOPE that they will never get to the point that tape on a wrist, hand or thumb will have to match other player's wristbands!!!
They already dealt with sock and got rid of those rules. I do not see socks ever becoming an issue. No more than you will see shoes become an issue.

Peace
Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 09:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Don't Poke The Bear ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHCoachNRef View Post
I also think that the NFHS will address socks and possibly tape at some point in time. I hope that they will never get to the point that tape on a wrist, hand or thumb will have to match other player's wristbands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
They already dealt with sock and got rid of those rules. I do not see socks ever becoming an issue. No more than you will see shoes become an issue.
What did you guys not understand about quietly backing away from this thread before Mary Struckoff notices what we're talking about?

Let's all pretend that there is a logo under this post that states:

CLOSED
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Thu Feb 05, 2009, 09:35pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post

Billy:

You and I both know that no one from the NFHS reads this Forum; heck no one from the NFHS reads the Basketball Forum on the NFHS website. The only time that anybody remotely related to the NFHS hears about anything on this or the NFHS website is when Camron or I exchange emails with Howard Mayo (a past member of the NFHS Rules Committee), when I exchange emails with Peter Webb (a past member of the NFHS Rules Committee), or when I harass, , (vai email) Mary Struckhoff.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Feb 06, 2009, 09:36am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I think the difference here is that there are safety issues involved, and no one on the NFHS wants to be responsible for some official telling a kid he has to take her socks, medical tape, or hair control device off. Wrist bands, T-shirts, and head bands can all be removed without any safety issues.
Old Fri Feb 06, 2009, 10:19am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
The only time that anybody remotely related to the NFHS hears about anything on this or the NFHS website is when Camron or I exchange emails with Howard Mayo (a past member of the NFHS Rules Committee), when I exchange emails with Peter Webb (a past member of the NFHS Rules Committee), or when I harass, (vai email) Mary Struckhoff.
Gee, I don't know anybody important.

I feel so...so...inadequate now.

I guess that makes you the King of Officials, right?

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Fri Feb 06, 2009 at 11:17am.
Old Fri Feb 06, 2009, 10:36am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Billy:

You and I both know that no one from the NFHS reads this Forum;
Really? So many rules changes and/or clarifications have come from the NFHS after being debated in detail here that I thought there was somebody who might actually be paying attention to this forum. I have no idea who that might be; but it seemed like too much of a coincidence for the changes that we've discussed to be implemented so quickly after becoming prominent in the forum.
Old Fri Feb 06, 2009, 12:39pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

I heard a rumor that the NF is instigating a rule for next season boys games that nipple rings must match jockstraps. I can't wait to check for this.

BTW - when the Portland mayor heard this, he decided to become an official.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 03:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"My Baby Does The Hanky Panky" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
Really? So many rules changes and/or clarifications have come from the NFHS after being debated in detail here that I thought there was somebody who might actually be paying attention to this forum. I have no idea who that might be; but it seemed like too much of a coincidence for the changes that we've discussed to be implemented so quickly after becoming prominent in the forum.
The reason is quite simple. Mark T. DeNucci, Sr., and Mary Struckoff, were high school sweethearts. They still keep in contact with each other, but Mrs. Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. doesn't have to worry about any "hanky panky" because Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. keeps telling everyone that this is just a professional relationship. I believe him. Have you seen Mary Struckoff's photo in the NFHS Rulebook? She's hot. A woman that hot would never have anything but a professional relationship with Mark T. DeNucci, Sr., don't you all agree?

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 03:57pm.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Billy:

You and I both know that no one from the NFHS reads this Forum; heck no one from the NFHS reads the Basketball Forum on the NFHS website. The only time that anybody remotely related to the NFHS hears about anything on this or the NFHS website is when Camron or I exchange emails with Howard Mayo (a past member of the NFHS Rules Committee), when I exchange emails with Peter Webb (a past member of the NFHS Rules Committee), or when I harass, , (vai email) Mary Struckhoff.

MTD, Sr.

What makes you think that you and Camron are the only two people with any connections to anyone associated with the NFHS?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith