The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 06, 2009, 12:14pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Yes, in my game by players in my game. If its no one invovled with my game, why in the heck am I going to penalize either team. A visitor might as well wear the home school shirt and come out and dunk and earn a T for the OTHER team. This T is completly absurd, and I guarantee this will hamper your advancement. Unless your superiors have explicitly told you to call this, and I dont see how they could or would, but if they did that is the only time to make such a call.
I didn't say penalize. I just said it needs to be addressed. I personally don't see all the convoluted scenarios happening that have been put forth in this thread.

If they are not players then send them off, if they are players then 'T' them up.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 03:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Can Fashion Police Be Successful, And Get Promoted To Fashion FBI Special Agent ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Did you work all the games involving the home team I had last week? You know, the ones where the official didn't care what color prewrap the girls were wearing?
Today I worked a Catholic middle school "junior varsity" (fifth, and sixth, graders) quadruple-header, and we didn't have a single "Fashion Police" issue. Not one. Every single player on all eight teams was 100% legally equipped, undershirts, headbands, and sweatbands. It's been like that all season. These are ten, and eleven, year olds, coached by volunteer coaches, mostly parent/coaches.

Last night I watched a public high school girls varsity game. Two top notch girls varsity programs, with two of our better, more experienced officials. One of the players was wearing a red jersey, with a black, short sleeve, undershirt, underneath the red, sleeveless, jersey, and she played the entire game like that. This is February, for Pete's sake.

The difference: The assigner of the Catholic middle school league told us at the beginning of the season, that if he ever walked into a gym, while we were officiating for him, and if there was an illegal undershirt, sweatband, or headband, that we would not get paid ($30.00) for that game.

Headbands and wristbands must be white, black, beige, or a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey. When wearing headbands and/or wristbands, all players must wear the same color. Pretty easy to understand. If ten year olds can understand them, then everyone should be able to understand them. These "Fashion Police" rules are enforceable, you just have to want to enforce them.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)